DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightning to micro usb

Cimriver

Reactions
DJI Go 4 app won't connect to the Mavic when I use thr lightning to micro usb RC cable. Connects fine when I use a USB to Micro USB in the middle USB port. I am thinking it's a bad cable. I was able to charge the RC through the lightning port. Anybody seen this? Ideas? Mavic just arrived today so...

Sent from my SM-T310 using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Go 4 app won't connect to the Mavic when I use thr lightning to micro usb RC cable. Connects fine when I use a USB to Micro USB in the middle USB port. I am thinking it's a bad cable. I was able to charge the RC through the lightning port. Anybody seen this? Ideas? Mavic just arrived today so...

Sent from my SM-T310 using MavicPilots mobile app
Make sure only one of the cables is plugged in at a time. It seems to sense the cable even if a device is not attached on the other side. I couldn't get the middle USB to work with the app until I disconnected the side port cable, although yours could be a bad cable.

Reactions: Cimriver
I have the same problem. Verified is a bad lightning cable. Good luck having dji send you a replacement. I still have not received one

Yes, I have the same problem right out of the box. Dji support is not very responsive to this issue. I was able to find a one foot USB to lightning cable on EBay. Dropped another $25.00 just to get this in the air. I have no idea if Dji is sending me a replacement cord. Not impressed with Dji support at all.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi,
I had mine broken after 1 flight.
I got a Replacement cable from Dji in about 10 days.
The cable design is weak.
Better use the iPhone cable plugged in the usb port.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Update:
I received an email from Dji today and they are replacing the original RC to lightning cord (that never worked out of the box). Got a tracking number and everything! Thank goodness they are doing something in the support office. Only took three weeks. Still have not received the extra battery I purchased when I bought the Fly More combo. They say it is still processing.
Hmmm, you can sell a drone, but not the batteries to power it???
The Chinese are teaching us patience I guess, or have a very sick sense of humor. Ha

Yes, I have the same problem right out of the box. Dji support is not very responsive to this issue. I was able to find a one foot USB to lightning cable on EBay. Dropped another $25.00 just to get this in the air. I have no idea if Dji is sending me a replacement cord. Not impressed with Dji support at all.

Frustrating for sure. On the bright side, getting a new cable is an easy fix. You would think with all the technology they put into the MP, they could at least provide a reliable cord. I purchased the following lightning cord from Drone Valley for $11.95. Two flights with it and no problems.
DJI Mavic Pro - Custom Data Cable - For Apple Devices

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha