DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightroom lense correction for Mavic

You can use (if you HAVE to) the Phantom 4 setting. It has made a slight (slight) difference in bettering the quality. TBH, not enough to really worry about, however.

Waiting on an Adobe lens profile for P4P as well as the Mavic. I plan to make a profile for the P4P if it is not out by January, and if I do, I'll do the Mavic at the same time while I have the test patterns mounted.

Waiting on an Adobe lens profile for P4P as well as the Mavic. I plan to make a profile for the P4P if it is not out by January, and if I do, I'll do the Mavic at the same time while I have the test patterns mounted.

Hey Rom3oDelta7

If you do make a Mavic Pro lens profile, could I ask a favour that you send me a copy. I just downloaded the Adobe Lens Profile creator and read through the manual, and unfortunately I'd love to create one, but I just don't have the time. I'm figuring the lens profile will help reduce stitching errors in ptgui. My email is [email protected].

You must be a fairly serious still photographer. How long you been shooting drones?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Brent

Someone has made one already, don't have the link at hand but a little search should help.

Have not been able to find one, and my Mavic FINALLY arrived. I still have everything set up from doing the profile I did for the P4P, so I plan to create one soon and will post it.

Hey Rom3oDelta7

If you do make a Mavic Pro lens profile, could I ask a favour that you send me a copy. I just downloaded the Adobe Lens Profile creator and read through the manual, and unfortunately I'd love to create one, but I just don't have the time. I'm figuring the lens profile will help reduce stitching errors in ptgui. My email is [email protected].

You must be a fairly serious still photographer. How long you been shooting drones?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Brent
Will post one within the next few days. I will email you the link to it also.
I've been shooting with drones since the Phantom 2 Vision, so a few years now. I enjoy both the photography/videography aspects as well as just flying. I also do a lot of other photography (Nikon D800) and videography (DJI Osmo, GoPro Hero5).

I've completed the Mavic Pro lens profile using the Adobe Len Profile Creator. The Mavic lens has a moderate amount of barrel distortion and a significant amount of vignetting, both of which are corrected using this profile.

You can download the Mavic Pro FC220 lens profile here. Note that this profile is for RAW (DNG) images only. (Note: right click on the link and do a "save as ..." to download the file. Otherwise it will open in a browser window.)

Enjoy.

thanks for uploading that (pictures in the snow have a real terrible vignette)

sorry to ask: but when i download the file it always gets a .txt (Mavic Pro FC220 (26.3 mm f2.2) - RAW.lcp.txt) and it works not just with removing.

what I`m doing wrong?

(...)

You can download the Mavic Pro FC220 lens profile here. Note that this profile is for RAW (DNG) images only. (Note: right click on the link and do a "save as ..." to download the file. Otherwise it will open in a browser window.)

Enjoy.

Thank you very much for the share.
I downloaded your link in the right file (windows : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\DJI) but i does not appear in my profiles in Lightroom CC 2015.
I think that the reason for this lack is that this new profile is not listed in an other file named "index.dat" located at the root of the file "lens profile".
What can I do in order it is taken into account ?
Is there a command I miss for downloading it properly ?
Thanks in advance for the answer....

According to the Lens Profile Creator documentation...

Placing the LCP File In the CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0 Folder

1. If you’ve saved or have LCP files located in a non-default path, they must be placed in the correct location for use in Adobe Photoshop. Copy or move the LCP to one of the user specific or shared lens profiles folders, or any of their sub-folders, depending on the operating system:

a. For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0​
b. For Windows Vista or Windows 7:
C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0 <=== This folder worked for me with Windows 10
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0​

c. For Mac:
/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0​

2. You may choose this path as the default path to save your generated profiles. Placing the files in this path allows the LCP files to be automatically read by the Photoshop Lens Correction plug-in.​

Reactions: Peio64270
None of the above is necessary. At least in Adobe Camera Raw, the Mavic Pro lens profile is built into the RAW file. Open a Mavic Pro DNG file and in the lens correction sub-window, click on "info". It explains this.

Reactions: ALPhotography
PGP is correct. The Mavic lens profile was just added to the latest version of Lightroom CC, specifically Release 2015.9 Build 1106920, Camera Raw 9.9. You now have the option of using the Adobe version built in to LR, your own installed profile(s) or custom corrections done with sliders in LR.

I've completed the Mavic Pro lens profile using the Adobe Len Profile Creator. The Mavic lens has a moderate amount of barrel distortion and a significant amount of vignetting, both of which are corrected using this profile.

Enjoy.

Hi!

I can't get the link to work, is it still active?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada