DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

limited flight distance if you don't update Mavic

Reuuc

Reactions
'If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high'

source: DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

I'm reading this that if you update your GO4 app but not the fireware on your Mavic your flights will be limited.

I think its a good idea however I'm always abit unsure about updating the firmware straight away as DJI are known for bugs in the updates..

"its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware"

I read it as if you don't update the app with its new activation process then the next firmware update will begin restricting your flights .

"its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware"

I read it as if you don't update the app with its new activation process then the next firmware update will begin restricting your flights .

good old DJI making things simple to understand >.<

I think the correct geospatial information and flight functions for your region will be stored in the new Dji Go4 app and if the next Firmware updates do not see that information it will limit your flight distances .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N