DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app

I bought Litchi, and I'm not a fan. First, ive been reading of problems such as yours that I dont want to take a chance with my new mavic. Second, the video is very choppy compared to the dji go app. So... uninstalled.

I have used Litchi for a couple of years and it's great with P3 and P4. I tried it out for the first time yesterday with the Mavic and while it did work, it wasn't perfect. First thing I tried was a panorama and it died after 8 photos. I fired it up again and did complete the whole panorama but it's never done that before and I've done dozens and dozens of them. It was just a quick test and I didn't try waypoint missions, but I would guess that they will tweak the code and make it work better with the new hardware over the next few weeks - and most customers don't even have the Mavic yet anyway. It's also possible that the DJI SDK is partially to blame and they may fix some stability issues over time. After all, as far as the Mavic goes this is the first version of Litchi using the first version of the SDK. I also have crashes sometimes with the Go app. All this stuff will improve over time.

Litchi's waypoint flying is working very well for me with my Mavic Pro, especially as get to know it better but, regrettable, the video recording does odd things

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The "track" mode in Litchi has never worked with my Mavic. It will lock onto a subject and then starts oscillating around the yaw axis and loses the subject within seconds. This seems to be either a gain setting which is set too high, or possibly a differential feedback value which is set too low. If someone could tell me how to tweek these settings it will be much appreciated!

The "track" mode in Litchi has never worked with my Mavic. It will lock onto a subject and then starts oscillating around the yaw axis and loses the subject within seconds. This seems to be either a gain setting which is set too high, or possibly a differential feedback value which is set too low. If someone could tell me how to tweek these settings it will be much appreciated!

I get the same results using track with litchi on my mavic with a nexus 5x. The video gets super choppy and it doesn't track much, then it seems to just go into a yaw oscillation looking for the subject or something. The video is so choppy at that point that if it's using the image as portrayed on the phone there's no way it'd ever be able to track something. Anybody have success with track mode with their mavic and Android litchi? Phantom success doesn't seem to be applicable here.

Interesting. I also use a Nexus 5x but haven't tried tracking in Litchi yet. It works fine in Go. Will try soon.

Reactions: Hoverer
I bought Litchi to take smoother video using waypoint (I haven't tried panoramas) and it works great. Much better video that I could ever get flying the Mavic manually using DJI Go. I flew this weekend in some gusty conditions a two mile Litchi Waypoint mission (at just below 13,000 ft msl) and got surprising stable video.

I bought Litchi to take smoother video using waypoint (I haven't tried panoramas) and it works great. Much better video that I could ever get flying the Mavic manually using DJI Go. I flew this weekend in some gusty conditions a two mile Litchi Waypoint mission (at just below 13,000 ft msl) and got surprising stable video.

Yes it is really awesome for that use. Check out the Panorama mode too - very very nice.

Have you used Panorama with the Mavic? Above in this thread there's some indication that it may have some problems

I shot one panorama with the Mavic and Litchi. On the first try it died after the first row of 8. So I just hit go again and it completed the 26 photos ok. It's the first Mavic version of Litchi using the first version of the SDK supporting Mavic so it can't be perfect and stable. It will improve.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
I shot one panorama with the Mavic and Litchi. On the first try it died after the first row of 8. So I just hit go again and it completed the 26 photos ok. It's the first Mavic version of Litchi using the first version of the SDK supporting Mavic so it can't be perfect and stable. It will improve.

That makes sense. I think I'll hold off on the panorama mode. I am really happy flying waypoint missions since this gets me much nicer video (super smooth...there's no way I could hand fly and manipulate the gimbal manually to get those shots).

I have also had the panorama "time out" using litchi. Happened in various rows/shots configurations. Subsequent panos do complete on the same flight.

I've noticed a long pause between shots can occasionally occur.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
The video is very choppy compared to the dji go app. So... uninstalled.
Do you mean the actual video recorded onto the SD card or the video transmitted to your phone?

Regrettable, the video recording does odd things
Can you expand on this?
Waypoint ability looks excellent but what's the point of setting up and having nice smooth accurate flights if you can't record them properly? $30 AUD now...

Do you mean the actual video recorded onto the SD card or the video transmitted to your phone?

Can you expand on this?
Waypoint ability looks excellent but what's the point of setting up and having nice smooth accurate flights if you can't record them properly? $30 AUD now...

You certainly *can* record them properly. That's the main reason I purchased Litchi. I get much smoother video than any other way. I am not sure what the person reporting the "choppy video was doing but just flying with Litchi won't give you better video. It will be exactly the same as with DJI Go (no better and no worse). The way to get the smooth video is to let Litchi control the Mavic and direct the gimbal and direction of the camera. This is just about guaranteed to be much smoother than manual flight with either Go or Litchi.

Last edited:
You *can*? I feel a caveat coming... :D

We need to hear what the person with Choppy video was doing but a pre-programmed mission in Litchi will always have smoother video than a manually flown mission in DJI Go. If the gimbal movements and direction changes are smooth, the video will be smoother (and this is what happens when Litchi controls the Mavic)

Reactions: daithi23
That's what I was thinking, Just bought Litchi anyway, off to bed now so I can get up early and try it out...

That's what I was thinking, Just bought Litchi anyway, off to bed now so I can get up early and try it out...

I think you'll be delighted with what you can do with Litchi. Be sure to go to Mission Hub - Litchi. This lets you setup a mission via the your desktop and it also provides a link to a intro to LItchi via the PhantomFilmschool (this references P3/P4 but all the P4 references apply to the Mavic).

Can you expand on this?

The recording stops (unexpectedly and inexplicably) and the transmitted video freezes for a while. Please see the thread "Aircraft Encoder Error".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo