DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app

What happens? The queen sends you an angry letter?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
That would be nice! The the miserable people they you are flying over think the sky is going to fall in if they see a drone. They then go and look up whether it's legal or or not on Google (which it isn't) then they come and find you and bang on your door threatening to report you to the CAA.

Sent from my SM-N920C using MavicPilots mobile app

In litchi FPV mode, is the RC gimble controller wheel disabled? I can not control the gimble tilt with left hand wheel, but right hand camera setting still available, can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

That depends on the settings within the Litchi VR mode. If you don't select head tracking the wheel will work.

GerdS how does one get out of Litchi VR mode? Not having any goggles etc I can still see the icon, I tap on it and get dual screen view and an options menu. Nothing else. Not obvious how to return to non VR as my phone (S7e) back button offers to close the app.
Just that I have no VR capability and the prominent VR icon would be easy to tap inadvertently mid flight leading to confusion.

GerdS how does one get out of Litchi VR mode? Not having any goggles etc I can still see the icon, I tap on it and get dual screen view and an options menu. Nothing else. Not obvious how to return to non VR as my phone (S7e) back button offers to close the app.
Just that I have no VR capability and the prominent VR icon would be easy to tap inadvertently mid flight leading to confusion.
Click on gears at bottom of screen. Then top of screen says exit VR

Ah great thanks. Handy to know if I end up there by accident. Trying to do 360 degree Panos with Litchi ATM. Thats my current project.

Where abouts are you flying, US? What are your laws regarding flying in a congested area? A flight like this over houses in the UK would be a big no no :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using MavicPilots mobile app

This mission was not flown. Was for demo only. I flew it out to see and tested it with the Mavic and litchi went haywire. Lucky to get it back. Waiting for further litchi updates before testing again.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How does litchi's track mode work compared to DJI Go's active track??

GerdS how does one get out of Litchi VR mode?
I have mapped the VR function onto the remote's S2 button. First press starts VR mode, second press will exit into normal mode. Also have mapped the multifunction down button for switching between Mavic camera view and phone camera view while in VR mode.

I've had a Mavic for about a month. I use Litchi on an NVidia K1 Shield wifi only.

I used Mission Hub to test some waypoint flights. First outing I forgot to load the flights into cache on the tablet before going to the field so there weren't on the tablet. Lesson learned (just open them on the tablet using wifi before going to fly). Next outing I flew 4 holes on a golf course that went around a lake (total flight time 11 minutes with 21 waypoints). There was a couple of times I lost site of the Mavic. No problem. Hit the flight pause button and used the map view to locate the Mavic, the compass to determine the heading and resume the flight. Litchi worked perfect and I am modifying the flight to improve the video quality (speed, height of waypoints, curves, altitude, camera settings etc.).

Two questions I have:

1. Can you use Mission Hub to plan Orbit and Panorama flights as well as Waypoints?
2. Can you insert Orbit and Panorama segments into Waypoint flights?

I'm pretty sure the answers to both questions are no, but you might want to check out the Litchi forum. They answer any question pretty quickly: Google Groups

1. Can you use Mission Hub to plan Orbit and Panorama flights as well as Waypoints?
Yes for Panorama - Sort of.... Waypoint - Panorama Preset
2. Can you insert Orbit and Panorama segments into Waypoint flights?

Was just thinking about this. Within a Waypoint mission, if you use straight turns, you can use the Waypoint action > Panorma Preset feature to have it do a basic 1 row 360 pano. There are seemingly a max of 15 Wpt actions so when you take photo, rotate, take photo and so on end up a max of 7 images. Simply tapping the Pamorama preset option sets this up. Main caveat is you have to arrive with at the WPT with the video camera OFF. So the go is to place a WPT just prior with action Stop Recording.

If you wanted to use complex multi row Panoramas using the stand alone Litchi Panorama feature, should be nothing to stop you splitting things up. I envisage you could create 2 WPT missions, one to transit to the location you want to take the Pano at, doing whatever you want along the way and a second to return home via a route. When it gets last waypoint (your Pano location), you have Action set to None. So it stops and hovers. Switch across to Panorama where you have already set you preferences. Press Play to take Pano. On completion switch back to Waypoint Mode and Open a new flight plan, that you have created to bring you home, press play and it gets sent to aircraft to complete your mission.

Have not done this myself but I expect it would work so long as you maintain signal throughout.

Yes for Panorama - Sort of.... Waypoint - Panorama Preset

Was just thinking about this. Within a Waypoint mission, if you use straight turns, you can use the Waypoint action > Panorma Preset feature to have it do a basic 1 row 360 pano. There are seemingly a max of 15 Wpt actions so when you take photo, rotate, take photo and so on end up a max of 7 images. Simply tapping the Pamorama preset option sets this up. Main caveat is you have to arrive with at the WPT with the video camera OFF. So the go is to place a WPT just prior with action Stop Recording.

If you wanted to use complex multi row Panoramas using the stand alone Litchi Panorama feature, should be nothing to stop you splitting things up. I envisage you could create 2 WPT missions, one to transit to the location you want to take the Pano at, doing whatever you want along the way and a second to return home via a route. When it gets last waypoint (your Pano location), you have Action set to None. So it stops and hovers. Switch across to Panorama where you have already set you preferences. Press Play to take Pano. On completion switch back to Waypoint Mode and Open a new flight plan, that you have created to bring you home, press play and it gets sent to aircraft to complete your mission.

Have not done this myself but I expect it would work so long as you maintain signal throughout.
Makes sense. This multi mission strategy could be useful for other tasks as well. Great strategy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS