DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi buggy and nearly crashed my mavic?

Jar

Reactions
Hey, so I know everyone says they love litchi, but I just bought it and have been trying it out and it really isn't working well for me. First of all, it got stuck constantly tilting the gimbal downward and I had to land and reset everything to stop it. Then in my next flight it constantly said the controlled needed to be in P-mode, so I had to restart again. Then I tried tracking and it could not find me as a target (I tried in different positions and light). Then it decided to fly itself into the side of my house without me even touching the controls...I managed to flip it into sport at the last second to avoid collision....

I think I'd like my money back. I'm not sure what I have done wrong, but I really do not trust this app now.

Hey, so I know everyone says they love litchi, but I just bought it and have been trying it out and it really isn't working well for me. First of all, it got stuck constantly tilting the gimbal downward and I had to land and reset everything to stop it. Then in my next flight it constantly said the controlled needed to be in P-mode, so I had to restart again. Then I tried tracking and it could not find me as a target (I tried in different positions and light). Then it decided to fly itself into the side of my house without me even touching the controls...I managed to flip it into sport at the last second to avoid collision....

I think I'd like my money back. I'm not sure what I have done wrong, but I really do not trust this app now.

Wondering the same thing - first comment here - mavic coming Monday. I'm wondering if purchasing a different flight app is worth it. I hear a lot of things about djigo4 being glitchy and crashing / causing crashes but I'm hoping most of that is pilot error? Thanks in advance

Personally, I have had no issues with the DJIGo4 app. I will concede that it is not the most user friendly app. But, it has certainly not caused my drone to crash.

Dji Go 4 has always worked for me and if you crash while using a different app dji won't help you

Reactions: thekaijin
Wondering the same thing - first comment here - mavic coming Monday. I'm wondering if purchasing a different flight app is worth it. I hear a lot of things about djigo4 being glitchy and crashing / causing crashes but I'm hoping most of that is pilot error? Thanks in advance
My opinion only, but I dont think it is worth buying a different flight app until you actually have a need for one. Start off with DJIGo4 and once you have that sorted, consider adding Litchi to your toolbox if you have a need for its additional features. It is hard enough to get ones mind around all the idiosyncrasies of the DJI flight system without adding a extra layer of complexity by using another app.

thekaijin said:
....if you crash while using a different app dji won't help you
That is not actually the case. If the crash is attributable to a third party app, then you will be out of luck. But simply using a third party flight app does not rule out warranty coverage. It depends on why the crash occurred. There have been plenty of threads discussing this.

Last edited:
Yes -- using Litchi, Autopilot, etc. does not invalidate your warranty, DJI Care, DJI Care Refresh.

If you are using an app that uses the DJI SDK to control the aircraft, you're covered just the same as with DJI GO4, unless the cause of the crash is the app itself. It usually isn't.

Remember there is a detailed log of a wide range of flight and operational parameters store in the DAT file for the flight on the aircraft itself. This is the same regardless of how control commands are being sent to the aircraft (GO4, 3rd party app, RC).

So, unless the Mavic is lost, DJI can figure out what caused the crash. If it was a bug in Litchi, they may cover the repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair