DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi DO NOT UPDATE

coullit

Reactions
have updated 2 phones I use for VR flying with Litchi and I can tell you I'm now getting interference the screen blocking or screen disappearing all together.
Why do they not test these things thoroughly before offering an update?

Last edited:
How do I downgrade now?!
The new features like ability to download photos to app does not work

Hold off a bit before you blame Litchi. There is another component here -- the DJI SDK.

Just about every problem I've ever seen with Litchi (and GO4, of course) has been caused by bugs in DJI code over in the SDK.

I've had exactly the problem you're talking about in Litchi after upgrading the Mavic firmware. Downgrade back to the earlier version of firmware, and Litchi works fine again.

This is why I'm still on .400, and staying there as long as I can. I'm missing a feature or two (airplane mode, for example), but I wouldn't use it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The problems I'm have now with litchi in both phones is
failing to focus in camera
cutting off completely with black screen and manually flying back.
not able to record video
blocks and static in the screen
not reacting quickly
its full of glitches

oh and hd live feed no longer seems to work in HD on phone, it did before

I have de installed and re installed it, cannot see where you can get the precious version...

Hold off a bit before you blame Litchi. There is another component here -- the DJI SDK.

Just about every problem I've ever seen with Litchi (and GO4, of course) has been caused by bugs in DJI code over in the SDK.

I've had exactly the problem you're talking about in Litchi after upgrading the Mavic firmware. Downgrade back to the earlier version of firmware, and Litchi works fine again.

This is why I'm still on .400, and staying there as long as I can. I'm missing a feature or two (airplane mode, for example), but I wouldn't use it anyway, so it doesn't matter.
thanks for your reply
do you know how I downgrade litchi?

Ive now updated both i.e. Goapp4 to latest and Litchi to latest firmwares.
Its not as good as it was in VR, blocking in the screen, static and recording video is delayed.
Ive made a video of it and will upload.
Ive been in contact with Litchi support by email, which they respond to maybe daily, who told me to do this.
I have requested best previous version of Litchi before the latest go app 4 but still await it.
My true findings

Ive now updated both i.e. Goapp4 to latest and Litchi to latest firmwares.
Its not as good as it was in VR, blocking in the screen, static and recording video is delayed.
Ive made a video of it and will upload.
Ive been in contact with Litchi support by email, which they respond to maybe daily, who told me to do this.
I have requested best previous version of Litchi before the latest go app 4 but still await it.
My true findings

some good advise from Litchi today you may not know...
In theory this device should work well.

USB debugging should be off.

To improve the performance of your mobile device, please follow these guidelines:
- make sure there are no apps running in the background before you start Litchi
- make sure your mobile device is not in power saving mode (has various names on Android; called “Low Power Mode” on iOS)
- disable Internet (for example switch to airplane mode) to prevent the DJI development kit to continuously send analytics data while you fly
- make sure the Histogram is disabled (camera setting)
- do not use screen recording as that will increase the requirements a lot
- make sure “Full HD Stream” is disabled in the camera settings (for Mavic Pro/P4 Pro/Inspire 2)
- make sure there are no interferences where you fly

Kind Regards,
Litchi

my reply
Ok thanks ill try all this i tried it with usb debugging on and off.
will check camera settings.
It now has the latest version of goapp 4 firmware which took about an hour yesterday to install, I then deleted goapp as litchi won’t start…flew and it appeared to be the same with problems.
Should I downgrade goapp 4 or doesn’t this matter.
it did ask me at end of installation if I wanted to download NFZ maps and I ticked no.
If I disable the data and wifi ill then not have maps, my position for RTH and exact location in case mavic is lost?
Could be cashed before hand…let me know what to do here.
I found though with litchi if I put in airplane mode the RTH height was just at nought when I turned it on again 100m came back.
I thought live HD feed meant hd feed to my phone which has an HD screen and therefore better quality, I couldn’t then take 4k videos.
Simon

litchi then said...
It is not required to disable internet, but it will improve performance slightly (potentially at the cost of not having maps).
The version of the DJI Go app has no bearing on Litchi. There is no need to downgrade.
Airplane mode has no effect on the RTH altitude. The video feed is HD by default (720p), it is not recommended to enable Full HD (1080p) as it decreases performance by a lot and the visual gains are close to none.

Reactions: afastboy
works fine for me Litchi with new goapp4 firmware
turn off any power saving on phone
turn off usb debugging if it was on
close all other apps
avoid screen recorders as definitely caused app crashes for me
use a phone with some power 3gb and large internal if possible like 64 gb xioami note 4 ideal at 200 euros
delete go app or put in seeerate part of phone which you can with xioami phones
holographic setting should be off in camera in app settings within Litchi
fly away from any interference and cables , buildings, etc
put in airplane mode after caching maps, turns off data and wifi
good signal now!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members