DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Flatland help?

jimhuntphoto

Reactions
Hi guys. I am trying to program a flight in litchi for a flatland image...

I would like to program this instead of freehand fly it because the drone should fly in more of a straight line than I can control it. My questions for this flight is.

Is it better to plan a flight with just a start and end point or should I do it with waypoints so the drone can stop to take the image?

I don't understand the gimbal pitch setting in the hub. How should I set this up?

Any thoughts on how to do this? Thanks

Yes, there are a few tutorials some have posted on youtube, but I do believe they have got it wrong on taking the pictures. I have just start to think on the above photos were taken and coming up with a plan.

Waypoints and a POI, possible two POI. (points of interest).

I'll make a sketch of what I believe needs to be done.

Well, I screwed up the initial flight plan from litchi hub so I tried to wing it. In processing the images I realized I didn't go high enough from the start. Knowing that I will try to program it better and give it another go.

I have been working on a Excel sheet to generate a flight path. I have two curves. Each curve will have a starting point and ending point with predetermined camera angles and a choice of a POI location on the flight path that the camera will follow.

Attachments

• Litchi_Flatland_Curve_1.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Litchi_Flatland_Curve_2.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: jimhuntphoto
If you use straight lines you can program litchi to take pictures for you with "actions" ,but that doesn't work with curved lines because mavic won't stop at a waypoint.. I only can do "start recording" when I have curved lines selected.

I ran my created CSV file from Excel tonight, Success! The flight was just as planned.

"FLSC - litchi Chart Curve 2 POI.jpg" is the flight path in Google Earth.
FLSC - litchi Chart Curve 2 POI.jpg

"Litchi Import CSV.jpg"
Litchi Import CSV.jpg

"FLSC - litchi Chart Curve 2 POI.zip" Contains the Excel file I create to make the CSV files. The zip file also contains a sample CSV file exported from Excel.

I will create a movie file from the photos to show the flight path and that the camera changed angle for every photo.

Attachments

• FLSC - litchi Chart Curve 2 POI.zip
    228.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: jimhuntphoto
Wow, well I have been doing this completely wrong, no wonder it looks like crap. I have been flying in a straight line instead of an arc. How do I do this in excel?

Use the Excel file I put the the zip file above. After writing that sheet, starting to dream up other ideas.

Dude that excel is nuts. So confusing. I'll have to view this while not at work and decipher it. Thanks man. You rock.

Well I just ran a mission but it did not tilt the camera, stop, or take the photo. Not sure what I am doing wrong but the mission is set up for those 3 actions.

Hello guys, I am new in the forum and also new piloting my mavic pro.
I would like to set up missions with excel. These will contain several waypoints, as I will be mostly flying along slopes, so the height must be adjusted according to topography. I will have a set of data on each excel row with cohordinates and height and wish to transform that in CSV.
Then I have to import the CSV in Litchi and haven't yet found how this should be done. Can someone explain me the procedures step for step?

Great stuff, works great on Google Sheets and the csv it exports works directly on the mission hub. Highly recommend it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost