Join Us Now

Litchi Just Added Support for Mavic Pro

Butterpuff 6

Reactions
What's new - Litchi

91f1f464b9138456860583c59ef50378.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Great news. I guess the silver lining of waiting so long for the Mavic to be delivered is that it gives time for everything else to get released. So, though it's a long wait, I'm only waiting for one thing, not back-to-back things to wait for.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
While I'm excited to see that, I'm gonna wait for everyone to confirm that DJI's own stuff is completely solid before I trust my Mavic to a third-party app. Other than the disconnect on my second flight, I've had no problems, but the other Mavic owner at work reported he'd hit the spinning/loss of control a couple of times. Gulp.

Question, if DJI GO has an important update, do you have to wait until Litchi updates before you can use it again?

Works fine, except no battery stats for me. Can't fly very long without knowing how much battery % is

EDIT, on 3rd battery I finally got battery stats, don't know what problem was

Can someone please explain why I would want Litchi for the Mavic Pro?

Other than offline waypoint flight plans, what else is the appeal?

Does it mean I will no longer, or rarely use the DJI app, or does this interact with and require the DJI Go app?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Does it mean I will no longer, or rarely use the DJI app, or does this interact with and require the DJI Go app?

You can't run both together (and will run into issues if you have both open at the same time).
Have a look on the vendors website and you can decide whether the features will be of use to you.
The waypoint feature is worth the cost alone. You can also program 'actions' at each waypoint as well as adjustable curved flight paths or straight line flights.
It is far more customisable over what DJI Go gives you - however, only you can decide if you have use for it or any of the other third party apps.

Question from a Litchi uninitiated:
With the Mavic's smart flight modes, what is the draw to use Litchi?

I was on the fence about buying it for my P3S and decided not to, when I saw the flight modes of the Mavic I figured Litchi wouldn't be needed for it.

Answered above

1. You can record whats on your device screen (video & flight data) with sound
2. Set to start recording video whenever you take off from homepoint so you don't forget to start video.
3. Fly FPV with cheap VR goggles

Along with programming waypoint missions, these are my favorite features.

Reactions: J-Dub
The biggest thing for me is auto flights.

I recently took a free course about the Litchi software and it includes some tips on aerial photography.. If you are new to it then I highly recommend this course.
Phantom Filmschool sample - learn the basics of Litchi

I agree, its a great course. I have taken all 3 of the online Phantom Filmschool courses offered by Laurence. I'm sure he will be adding some content specifically for the Mavic at some point.

The biggest thing for me is auto flights.

And the ability to use the Litchi mission hub on my computer to create waypoint missions before I even get on location.

Mission Hub - Litchi

For example: Earlier this year I went to Hawaii (Oahu) North Shore. I created several missions before I even left home, and after I arrived in Hawaii, I downloaded them to my Litchi app and executed them autonomously.

I've been flying with Litchi all day and it has been wonderful.
There was one time I didn't know how to RTH after interrupting a mission but then I remembered that button on the RC, duh!

If you are on the fence on whether or not to get Litchi my advice would be get Litchi! It's a great app and you'll give up on Go right away, SO many more goodies in Litchi and it's only a few bucks. It's worth it.

@litchi I have a HUGE favor to ask for you next update.

Please add PORTRAIT MODE!

Us old guys need our iPads.
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000