DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Just Added Support for Mavic Pro

I ran my first Litchi Flight Plan today. It was semi-successful. A couple points:
1. When I initially setup the flight the AC was pointing at the POI's as it did some 'circling of the poi.' However, all of these AC directions somehow changed to where the AC is now simply pointing in the direction of flight. I cannot figure out how this change occurred and how to put it back?
2. My cruising speed is about 22mph and the AC did a good job holding this speed. However, when I got to the POI, the speeds were supposed to decrease to 3mph. They did not. Instead, they remained at cruise speed. Why?

The AC came back [a little early], but in one-piece. So, all-in-all - - I'd rate it a successful/learning experience. Shannon

I ran my first Litchi Flight Plan today. It was semi-successful. A couple points:
1. When I initially setup the flight the AC was pointing at the POI's as it did some 'circling of the poi.' However, all of these AC directions somehow changed to where the AC is now simply pointing in the direction of flight. I cannot figure out how this change occurred and how to put it back?
2. My cruising speed is about 22mph and the AC did a good job holding this speed. However, when I got to the POI, the speeds were supposed to decrease to 3mph. They did not. Instead, they remained at cruise speed. Why?

The AC came back [a little early], but in one-piece. So, all-in-all - - I'd rate it a successful/learning experience. Shannon

If you have a mission with POI you can have some waypoints look at the POI and some not. Those that are not, you need to set the heading you want it to look at, otherwise it'll just stay the heading from the last waypoint.

Speed only decreased in turns if Litchi needs to make a sharp turn, if the turns is small it can maintain speed.

If you can post the mission from the hub can have a better look.

Hmm..obviously the missions are not the same. The one on the hub looks fine, but the phone one is different. So, is the issue in saving/not saving or accidentally overwriting? Other than that, I cannot see where this would happen. If you weren't logged in during save, you might have an earlier version your phone that has not updated...I only suggest that because it happened to me before.

Yes they're different. I even changed the mission name by adding 'revised'. Then uploaded revised version but the camera still won't point at the POE?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes they're different. I even changed the mission name by adding 'revised'. Then uploaded revised version but the camera still won't point at the POE?

Not being a pro at Litchi, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Hopefully, someone can chime in here and help you out. If something jumps out at me later will post.

Reactions: Slantnose79
I have to admit, I didn't read the Litchi Manual before my first Litchi Flight. That being said [and having NOW read the manual], I have to admit that it's a very enlightening experience :)

I'm going to commit to reading through it a second time before attempting another Litchi Flight.

Here's the latest manual for those [like me] who need it: Litchi for iOS November 2016.pdf

Very nice Pablo, Litchi is a piece of work isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I love it. :cool: I can see Waypoints getting a bit addictive to be honest. Trying to resist the urge to set up some new ones now while I'm supposed to be working! :D

What happens if you lost connection mid waypoint mission by the way? I assume it follows normal RTH procedure? Is there any way to set it to complete the mission anyway? So much still to learn!

I love it. :cool: I can see Waypoints getting a bit addictive to be honest. Trying to resist the urge to set up some new ones now while I'm supposed to be working! :D

What happens if you lost connection mid waypoint mission by the way? I assume it follows normal RTH procedure? Is there any way to set it to complete the mission anyway? So much still to learn!

It will just complete the mission, regardless of whether you've got signal or not. Bearing that in mind, you just have to watch it both with your elevations and battery.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pablo
Did my first ever Waypoint Mission today it went perfectly!
Such a thrill watching it all unfold. My Mavic seems to be absolutely perfect since Mavic Mountain too :cool:

@Pablo I notice that the horizon seems to ever so slightly bounce up and down in the first part of your video. It looks like the gimbal is continuously adjusting up and down by a fraction of a degree. I've not seen this happen before, and am wondering if it's caused by the Litchi software. Were you using a POI that it was focusing on, or was it just in the direction of flight? I haven't yet added the Litchi software to my collection, so can't try it out for myself. Is anyone else getting a similar result? I find it distracting to an otherwise smooth shot.

EDITED: I figured it out. Had a switch toggled to 'Auto' and needed 'Custom.'
View attachment 5217

had the similar issue , funny thing is that on a phantom 4 same mission worked without changing the heading settings..
Once I got a mavic and loaded the mission, the waypoints pointed to the next waypoint instead of the POI programed at each waypoint.
I use an IOS device, and under the mission settings in the app there is no "Waypoint Defined " option which someone in another thread had mentioned under the Heading settings..
There is only 'Auto', 'Initial', Manual, Custom.. Just changing it to anything but Auto corrects the mission so that the mavic points to the POI assigned at each waypoint. I do not have the phantom 4 any longer, other wise would connect it and see what is different when you load the mission with the phantom connected, but I am guessing the heading settings default to something other than Auto if the mission has waypoints and POI's . This is less than intuitive. I would think AUTO should point to the POI at each waypoint based on the options available in IOS.

Are there any warranty issues with using Litchi? IE: If something goes awry that's not the user's fault and the Mavic crashes, are all of the necessary logs, etc. still generated for DJI to do service? Will they still honor warranty if you're using a third-party app and something goes awry?
I have posted this a few times, so forgive the repitition. I had the same concern and asked DJI, their reply:"With your concern, if in your last flight you are using a third party app and your unit crashed, you will need to send the unit to our facility for repair. But once the unit has been evaluated and there is no way to retrieve your flight record since you are using a third party app you will be charge for the repair for the unit since there are no basis to check your flight record to see if this is a pilot error or unit malfunction." You can decide if that implies how they will handle any issues you may run into.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake