DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission camera out of focus

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
I have used litchi app for ios many times with both my phantoms and now my mavic pro and yesterday was the first time i had this out of focus problem.
While flying it was out of focus and all tough i kept pressing on the middle of the screen to focus you could see it momentarily focused then went out of focus again.
It was flying far from objects so it was confused die to objects close to the drone.
I had to land it and flew using the the djj go app and all was ok.
Any ideas why?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: avanti1963
I had the same issue. Turns out that if you have auto record turned on in Litchi focus problems occur. Go to settings and turn off auto record and then set focal point after takeoff and begin recording. No further trouble.

I had the same issue. Turns out that if you have auto record turned on in Litchi focus problems occur. Go to settings and turn off auto record and then set focal point after takeoff and begin recording. No further trouble.

I noticed the same problem this week. I will give this work around a shot. Which version of Litchi are you using? I'm using 1.15.6

My version says 3.10.5 on Android .

I have always used auto record with no issues . Is IOS version that far behind or just numbered differently ?

My version says 3.10.5 on Android .

I have always used auto record with no issues . Is IOS version that far behind or just numbered differently ?
Must be numbered differently for IOS. The IOS Litchi version 1.15.6 was released 2/13/17. When was the Latest Android version released?

I had this issue occur again today. Litchi is going badly out of focus on a waypoint Mission. Tap to focus fixes things until the next WPT when it goes totally out of focus again. Process repeats it self, so unable to effecxtively keep focus. When I had this happen a few months back I found a good way to fix it is simply to restart the camera. I used the same method again today when it occurred and it still fixes it up fine.

Simpy go to the camera settings and toggle from NTSC to PAL and back. This mode change restarts the camera and fixes this Litchi focus issue. It will then operate just fine with or without auto record.

It's silly that you have to reset using PAL and NTSC toggling to fix the focus issue. I have set up my C1 to centre focus and that fails to lock it in when you activate it. Firmware issues by the sounds of things and the interface with the Mavic is not good in terms of communication. Stuttering live video feed is another issue.

Yeah it is annoying. But I only see the issue occasionally and it normally operates fine for me. Simply pointing out the NTSC/PAL toggling as a fix until it is fixes properly by either litchi or DJI as appropriate. I also use C1 centre focus and just like you, pressing it does not fix this issue for me. The toggle does though.

That's interesting, I originally stumbled on the PAL/NTSC "fix" whilst trying to figure out the "Watercolour painting" problem - this is the second report Ive seen about it also correcting the new focus issue. Looks like DJI have even more camera software problems with this latest firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929