DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or DJI GO or DJI GO 4?

I would stick with the Go app first, try the Go 4 but if you have issues with your device like some have then try the original Go app. I would recommend Litchi but IMO you probably want to get used to the Mavic before jumping in and spending the $25 for Litchi. I would ensure my drone is in full working order and there are no issues before switching to a 3rd party app.

I've got Litchi but I don't want to do a long way point mission until the Mavic novelty wears off a bit. Bit chicken to let it out of my sight just yet. I'll send my old Standard off round the farm for a while yet.

You will need DJI Go anyways, even if you are preferring flying with Litchi.

1. Available updates will only show up and install while using the GO app, so you should run it at least all few days for firmware checking. And remember, if you have several batteries you should run the GO app with each of them after doing a firmware update, to ensure that all batteries are updated, too.

2. Some Mavic settings and calibrations can only be done from within the GO app.

3. Some special functions, such as tripod mode are only available within the GO app.

Try with GO 4 and only go back to GO 3 if you will run into problems with your mobile device.

The apps will co-exist on your mobile device, but you cannot just exit one app and start up the other while being connected to the remote, alt least not with Android devices. If you want to change the running app you will have to exit the app, then unplug and replug the USB cable and finally start the other app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121