DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi question # 1

Ziggy01

Reactions
Just purchased Litchi and so far I'm too gutless to try it. I live around water or steep tree-lined hills. Thus my first question.

If I want to launch off my deck (which is quite high above sea level) does my first waypoint height refer to my HOME height? Or does it refer to sea level (Google Earth height)?

IOW, is my launch position always 0 meters?

Yes, height is always relative to your launch position.

So in your situation some of your waypoints may well have negative heights. Use mapping tools to get an idea of the height difference between your deck and the land around you. Or fly manually first making a note of heights.

I have an apartment with a large terrace at the top of a river valley in Portugal. If flying out next week but have been using map tools to measure the relative heights of the hill, the river below and the bridges!

For bridges I use google earth to see the height of where the bridge bed meets the land at the edge to judge the road/track height at the centre.

I'm still going to run some recon flights first just to double check. "Measure twice, crash once" - oh, no. That saying doesn't quite work here :)

There is also a good video somewhere explaining how to use Litchi relative to ground heights. I'll see if I can't find the link

Excellent. Hmm, Portugal? Want to do a house swap in sydney some time? We could simply borrow each other's mavics!

Excellent. Hmm, Portugal? Want to do a house swap in sydney some time? We could simply borrow each other's mavics!

Now that sounds a good idea! I was in OZ in 1995 (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Texas..) . The thought of flying above that wonderful coastline...... Hmmmm :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54