DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi question.

It definetly loads it up to the Mavic because there's the option for the mission to continue if contact with the controller is lost.

However, it still communicates with the controller throughout the mission because, for instance, we are warned that tactical speed changes (speed changes different from the base one for the mission) at waypoints will be unavailable if contact is lost.

Thanks. Thats amazing. Why didn't DJI add these features.....

The only shortcoming of the DJI app is the fact that you have to fly a mission to create a mission, which is an absurdity.

Apart from that, I am happy with DJI GO4 since it woks perfectly and has functionalities like "Tap Fly" which are not featured elsewhere.

I am thorn between Litchi and Autopilot (AP) has the first allows for offline planning via "Mission Hub" and displays critical information during the creation of waypoints and POIs (terrain height at the point and height difference from the start point).

It also allows for a mission to be continued if contact is lost with the controller, only loosing the ability to implement tactical speeds at the different waypoints, whereas AP also allows for mission continuation but looses much more features, namely the execution of the planned bézier curves, which, to me is it's main strength - these curves give a much more cinematic feeling to the footage.

What I would really love was for a single app to come up featuring all the strong points of each individual ones. I think DJI could easily do it, if they wanted and could even add some more image-gathering dedicated features.

If they keep engaging the control software side of their business under a "we only have it because you have to fly it" they will be loosing a great business opportunity.

They would be smart to keep DJI GO4 as the free app that enables their products, even dumbing it down a bit and them come up with a killer, dedicated software team that would have the sole job of perfecting the control software and offer a paid, advanced app that could place them in the control software side of things as far ahead as they are in pure drone tech.

MK

Meanwhile, answering my original question, I think the drone was not engaging the selected tactical speed at the mentioned points because there's a "maximum speed" selectable cap in the mission's general settings tab and it probably was capped at the strategic speed I dialed in for the mission.

I will test this in future raids and will report back.

MK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54