DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi RTH behavior in waypoint mode

BorisTheSpider

Reactions
I recently discovered from a thread on here (and verified that it's in the manual but I'd forgotten it) that litchi (or also I think DJI go) will continue to orbit a POI if the link with the controller is lost - that makes sense, since if the drone has gone behind something it's orbiting then it'll come back into signal on the other side. If signal isn't regained my understanding is that it will continue until critical battery (10% by default) then land wherever it is at the time.

I'm interested to properly understand what will happen on a waypoint mission. As I understand it, the mission will continue, but I believe that all changes in speed, heading and gimbal tilt are sent from the controller as the mission runs, so for example, if most of the mission is being flown at cruising speed, then signal is lost during a 2mph slow section, will the drone attempt to continue the rest of the mission at 2mph? I believe it will.

What happens during a waypoint mission when battery gets to the point where DJI Go would initiate an auto-RTH? Say I need 40% to return home, when the drone gets to that level will it initiate an RTH if it's running a litchi waypoint mission but is disconnected from the controller?

If it won't, what will it do? Continue the mission until it gets to critical battery then land wherever that happens to be?

Halo.. i have successfully sent the mavic pro to very long distance waypoint missions stretching the limit of distance and battery life to more than its limit... in any case it will stop the mission at any waypoint without having to be connected to the controller and just return home following a straight line.
It will even calculate the return to home speed which is 35km/h instead of the max waypoint speed of 54km/h so it does not run out of battery on the way back.
So they only thing to worry about is if you go around a mountain or tall buildings and it calculates that it can not run all the mission and will stop and initiate a return to home it will go staring back hitting the mountaineer building if the RTH height is not set high enough.

Thanks, it was the doubt I had, I'm using the lithi on the ipad mini 4 and I have not made any flights due to this doubt. What about canceling the mission?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000