DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi vs Goapp 4 differences and problems with extensive use

coullit

Reactions
firstly I like flying VR especially in bright sunlight...

learnt more today, more in settings than flying

used both apps, litchi first and sat for an hour playing with control. 2 minus points, couldn’t go into gimbal tilt control and reduce its speed I could with goapp4 and now its tilts slowly better on the eye…
you can change home point i.e. if you were skiing down a mountain and had moved home point for rth etc, can do with goapp not litchi, learnt how to do this as one day may need it.

media , can’t seem to download it anywhere with litchi but can download all up to 1080p with goapp so can get all photos easily without having to take card out or connect to laptop.
generally far more settings with goapp and nicer to look at.
theres a little toggle button i.e. to left zooms in, doesn’t have this in litchi…
so after using litchi i downloaded 87 mb goapp4 , wouldn’t open so i deleted litchi app and it opens. I know its visa too as have tried it.
what a shame no vr in goapp…

Tried using both apps as well. The main difference is that Litchi employs VR to use goggles and a very nice Waypoints mode. For everyday flying I will use DJI Go but for 'missions' or VR use, Litchi has the upper hand. I deleted app defaults on my phone and now have a choice when starting up. Fly safe.

So I'll chime in what I think the main advantages Litchi has over DJI Go 4. But keep in mind, that it's not a 100% use this only. For a lot of things, I still use DJI GO 4 (especially since the last release where they fixed what I asked for). So here's a list of things Litchi does that DJI GO 4 can't currently:
1) Mission Hub. Website that allows you to preprogram your flights. Now keep in mind that you need to learn how to use this correctly to prevent you drone from going beyond it's limits.
2) Better waypoint missions. Goes with first point, but I can create and modify waypoint missions better on Litchi. I also have more options for turning and point of interest as well.
3) Panoramic shots. Litchi has a great panaromic mode. Just tell it how many pictures you want and it does the rest. Makes it easy to get 360 panoramic.
4) Virtual Reality mode. While there are tons of apps for DJI drones that have VR, the fact that it's added with all the other great features are great. It has several modes to allow the user to move the camera by vertical head movement. You can also control left and right by moving your head in another mode.
5) Screen recording. Litchi has a screen recording capability that makes it easy if your making videos for youtube or just to keep. You can turn it on and it'll record your screen. To do this on DJI Go 4 app I would have to set up an air server and have my Mac with me to record it...just a hassle.

Now like I mentioned before, I still use DJI GO 4 app. Mostly for the following:

1) Active track modes. While Litchi can do active track, it's really not as good as DJI GO 4 app, and doesn't have as many submodes.
2) Flight records. I like that after a flight I can go look at footage cached on the phone and see a map and replay the mission. I've used this several times when I was trying to figure out why the drone did something I didn't tell it to.
3) Sports mode. I feel more comftable using sports mode with the DJI GO 4 app, not for any particular reason. Although it should be noted that with Litchi if you are in a automated mode and you need to take control - go sports mode and you'll have full control.

Btw, this issue is pretty well discussed here: Litchi or GO 4

Good reply , yes I love it's VR mode that's why I got it, do you know of another VR program DJI recommend,?
I find also in my phone xioami only one program will work I have to delete the other...
The new DJI goggles out shortly probably why there's no VR...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

Unfortunately my Android LG phone won't let two apps for the drone be installed at the same time. So each time I want to move between Litchi and DJI Go you need to redownload the other app, uninstall the first app and reset the device. Serious pain.

I want to use Litchi more often but because it doesn't have the calibration options that DJI GO has I find that I never get to use it. If I have an amazing opportunity to shoot a video, I need to set the drone up with DJI Go including Gimbal calibration, then install Litchi, uninstall DJI Go and reboot the phone. By that time the shot is gone! If they could just both be installed at the same time I would love to use them.

Another gripe is that the picture styles don't align which makes the footage shot between the apps harder to edit.

Unfortunately my Android LG phone won't let two apps for the drone be installed at the same time. So each time I want to move between Litchi and DJI Go you need to redownload the other app, uninstall the first app and reset the device. Serious pain.

I want to use Litchi more often but because it doesn't have the calibration options that DJI GO has I find that I never get to use it. If I have an amazing opportunity to shoot a video, I need to set the drone up with DJI Go including Gimbal calibration, then install Litchi, uninstall DJI Go and reboot the phone. By that time the shot is gone! If they could just both be installed at the same time I would love to use them.

Another gripe is that the picture styles don't align which makes the footage shot between the apps harder to edit.
My Samsung Note 3 has no problem having DJI Go App and Air Maps downloaded. Maybe a Litchi-side issue?

Litchi works better for SAR. The waypoints make it easy to set your search area plus gps coordinates display on the screen - you can tell the ground folks what coordinates you saw something.

Litchi works better for SAR. The waypoints make it easy to set your search area plus gps coordinates display on the screen - you can tell the ground folks what coordinates you saw something.
DJI Pilot displays live GPS.Screenshot_20181202-100817_DJI%20Pilot.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake