DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint / POI question

cirrusly

Reactions
When flying between two waypoints that have two separate POIs, does Litchi wait until it gets to the second waypoint to focus on the the second POI or does it extrapolate between the two and slowly pan from POI 1 to POI 2.?

Thanks!

It interpolates positions between two adjacent waypoints. You can also set the specific heading you want at any waypoint so you could make it interpolate positions across a longer series than just two adjacent waypoints.

In addition, if you set the gimbal control to POI 1, it aims gimbal pitch to find POI 1 at the center of the view. If you set the gimbal control to "Interpolate" it will allow for smooth transition from POI 1 to POI 2 even across multiple waypoints.

Imagine:
WAYPOINT 1 : POI 1, GIMBAL TO POI 1
WAYPOINT 2 : MANUALLY SET HEADING, GIMBAL TO INTERPOLATE
WAYPOINT 3 : POI 2, GIMBAL TO POI 2

I had found the option where I can interpolate the gimbal's pitch, but nothing about how it transitioned the yaw. Interpolating between two points is perfect, and as you pointed out if I don't want it to I can just set the angle manually.

Thanks!

Same question here. Waypoints are 2000' apart, POI set at each, Yaw takes the entire 2000' distance to make the 180 degree transition . How can I have it turn (yaw) crisply as it leaves waypoint 1 headed to waypoint 2 ?

Same question here. Waypoints are 2000' apart, POI set at each, Yaw takes the entire 2000' distance to make the 180 degree transition . How can I have it turn (yaw) crisply as it leaves waypoint 1 headed to waypoint 2 ?
Add another waypoint immediately adjacent to waypoint 1 pointed at POI 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicko222