DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoints - Focus AND Interpolation

Foreboys

Reactions
I've been using the Litchi Waypoint mode and I'm finding that focus is hard to control when setting the POI and setting to focus on that POI, but then clicking the interpolation option, which I would always want to use. Is there a way to ensure that the focus is maintained AND use the interpolation?

Although I bought Litchi (before Autopilot) I never use it. Anyway, in Autopilot, it follows the DJI settings (autofocus) but you can also select that from the app. On the subject, I don't think it has anything to do with Litchi missions

Thanks. So I would assume that either just before starting the Waypoint mission or during, "tap to focus" would be the answer?

I'm confused. The "AutoFocus" didn't work so is that a setting or what do I need to do to ensure it autofocuses?

DJI GO 4 was set to AutoFocus. I think what I did wrong was to not touch the screen before initiating the WayPoint mission so that it can initiate the AutoFocus. Ran the mission again today and it was crystal clear. Thanks for the advice and help.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Not sure what your habit with Interpolation is all about. If you want to focus on the POI, leave the waypoint set to that. Focus POI acts just line Interpolate w.r.t. tilt control, however if you move the POI at all or change the altitude, you will have to go back to every waypoint that focused on that POI and redo them. Set to Focus POI and all that is done automatically.

So, unless I'm missing something, you're doing this wrong.

Two concepts here to clarify.
1. If you use "Focus on POI" without using the Interpolation, the camera transitions will not be smooth from one waypoint to the next
2. My real concern was with ensuring that the camera is focused on the POI AND having smooth transitions.

I believe the answer to my question is to use the following steps to ensure accurate, focused and smooth transitions
  1. Setup the Waypoints with Focus on POI first
  2. Change that to Interpolation
  3. Ensure that DJI Go app has the AFC mode enabled
  4. Ensure that before each Litchi mission, tap the screen to actually focus the camera on something very far away
Pretty sure this is going to solve my issue unless someone has other thoughts or suggestions to inforce the actual focus during each mission.

1. If you use "Focus on POI" without using the Interpolation, the camera transitions will not be smooth from one waypoint to the next
2. My real concern was with ensuring that the camera is focused on the POI AND having smooth transitions.
You're doing something wrong in how you're setting up your mission and/or waypoints. What you describe is not my experience with over 100 missions on both a Phantom 4 and the Mavic Pro. Both heading and gimbal tilt transitions are continuous and smooth between waypoints with Focus POI.

I believe the answer to my question is to use the following steps to ensure accurate, focused and smooth transitions
  1. Setup the Waypoints with Focus on POI first
  2. Change that to Interpolation
  3. Ensure that DJI Go app has the AFC mode enabled
  4. Ensure that before each Litchi mission, tap the screen to actually focus the camera on something very far away
Pretty sure this is going to solve my issue unless someone has other thoughts or suggestions to inforce the actual focus during each mission.
Did this solve the issue? In the Litchi app I notice that if you set all waypoints to Interpolate, the value is always zero. If you do it the way Foreboys listed, those zeros get converted to actual angles. So, the question is, do you need to follow these steps to get smooth video, or can you just set every waypoint to Interpolate and let the software take care of it in flight?

You're talking about apples and pines..[emoji2]

Focus POI is pitching the gimbal and yawing the AC. It's nothing to do with Autofocus..[emoji2]

Focus POI is for framing a POI and includes both yawing and pitching, interpolation is gimbal pitch only and doesn't include yaw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60