DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi waypoints

YouTube is what you're looking for. Keywords would be "Litchi" and "waypoint".

Hi all, How does the altitude adjustment on the points of interest work?
Thanks,
Forrest

It's just for the gimbal. You'd usually want it to keep right pitch in the subject. Therefore it uses the subjects altitude to calculate at what degree the gimbal will stay.

Boone thanks for the great suggestion.
I was hoping that someone who's used waypoints could explain the point of interest altitude settings.

I'm sure this read as me being snarky, but it's honestly the best info I can give you. There are poi height settings when you setup your waypoints, but there are a ton of official and unofficial videos where you can see it in action that would do better than a thousand word essay I could write up here on them. I'm a visual learner myself, so I don't ever really get it until I see it.

I can tell you that from my limited exposure to it so far, it's an excellent app that's pretty intuitive to use.

The foot level of the POI is relative to elevation of the home point. Unless the home point and the POI are at the same elevation it will not be the elevation relative to ground at the POI.

The foot level of the POI is relative to elevation of the home point. Unless the home point and the POI are at the same elevation it will not be the elevation relative to ground at the POI.
Yes! I learned this the hard way with a mission in the mountains. I set my POI something like 12 feet and pondered for a while why the subject was out of frame...reasoned through it and realized I needed to be much higher since the POI was on top of the mountain, something like 500 feet above takeoff. After compensating for that difference all was well.

Have had issues with waypoint missions with MP and using Litchi with a Mac iPad 9". If you don't do anything unusual, the mission flies correctly, either as a non-POI mission or when all the waypoints target the POI. When you start customizing any of the waypoints, like removing the POI tag, gimbal pitch angles, things starts going wonky. Tracking seems to be perfect, but gimbal has pitched down to -90, and cannot be corrected manually, then suddenly it pitches up to settings. More things too that are not working, like the auto land feature. It asks for confirmation to land after coming down to about 2 metres, then refuses to land without forcing it down manually. Is this just a Mavic/Litchi problem? Running latest updates

Have had issues with waypoint missions with MP and using Litchi with a Mac iPad 9". If you don't do anything unusual, the mission flies correctly, either as a non-POI mission or when all the waypoints target the POI. When you start customizing any of the waypoints, like removing the POI tag, gimbal pitch angles, things starts going wonky. Tracking seems to be perfect, but gimbal has pitched down to -90, and cannot be corrected manually, then suddenly it pitches up to settings. More things too that are not working, like the auto land feature. It asks for confirmation to land after coming down to about 2 metres, then refuses to land without forcing it down manually. Is this just a Mavic/Litchi problem? Running latest updates

I have ran a few missions with Litchi and all went pretty well except for one longer mission with about 70 waypoints and multiple POI's - that one half of the mission was perfect and halfway through it did the -90 gimbal pitch glitch as well from a certain point on..

I surmised when I viewed it on the desktop that it was my fault. I think I went back and added a waypoint after the fact and didn't point it toward the POI or adjust the gimbal or something - forget what exactly it was now but was scratching my head until I realized the same location it happened at was the same area I inserted some additional waypoints.. can't recall what happened but remember thinking afterwards something was impacted from inserting that waypoint that I didn't check..

I have ran a few missions with Litchi and all went pretty well except for one longer mission with about 70 waypoints and multiple POI's - that one half of the mission was perfect and halfway through it did the -90 gimbal pitch glitch as well from a certain point on..

I surmised when I viewed it on the desktop that it was my fault. I think I went back and added a waypoint after the fact and didn't point it toward the POI or adjust the gimbal or something - forget what exactly it was now but was scratching my head until I realized the same location it happened at was the same area I inserted some additional waypoints.. can't recall what happened but remember thinking afterwards something was impacted from inserting that waypoint that I didn't check..
On my flights, the full route was entered first using auto, then the waypoint was put in then the individual waypoint was put in after with individual waypoint programmed to target POI number 1. If no POIs are put into a standard waypoint mission, the flight is generally flawless. It's when you start "tinkering" with the mission that these od behaviours occur. Always said I should have been a professional beta tester as I can find flaws in just about everything.

Boon, not at all snarky. Good advice, I appreciate it.
I should've gone to youtube to start.
No, that is what this forum is for. I don't know why the guy gave you the Google info instead of answering the question unless he doesn't use Litchi. I've used it from way back and now with the Mavic and mainly Waypoints, Orbits, and the FPV function.. I only open Go for updates and to change some of the settings which transfer ro Litchi. Go has crashed a couple of times on my Shield tablet since I got the Mavic so I don't feel comfortable flying with it. Go does work fine on my Note 4 though.

As to height on the POI I've had better luck using a negative number (like -5 or so) which seems to keep it more centered especially on Orbits but I live in NW Florida and the elevation doesn't change much.

Just to be painfully pedantic - the POI and WPT altitudes are relative to your Take Off elevation and not your Home Point. Yeah yeah I know they are invariably one and the same but it is a titbit worth knowing. You can readily move the home point in Litchi and even have it follow you about.

Sorry I could not help myself. Have been trawling through all the Litchi threads hereabouts to try and better educate myself on the finer points of Litchi missions. This app has so many subtleties and I have found it is fairly easy to have one of them trip me up. Had a prang last week, when my expectations of what a Litchi Mission could achieve were not met, due to poor mission programming on my part. Fortunately just prop damage, but I need to improve my knowledge to prevent it happening again.

The official Litchi documentation Help - Litchi is good, but not comprehensive enough for what I want. Further the depth of knowledge on this forum and phantompilots, whilst also very good, is predominately derived from user experience and not from the developers themselves.. Phantom film school is orientated to cinematography and not Waypoint missions. The plethora of youtube tutorial videos predominately cover just the basics.

Has anyone found a comprehensive resource, guide or knowledgbase for Litchi missions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje