DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little Mavic Flying Over False Creek, Vancouver BC

Nice!
Did you grab the footage all on one flight or was it from numerous flights?
Any filters on the bird?
What video editor are you using?

Reactions: Simsstash
It was all shot in one and a half batteries. (So 30 some odd minutes safely over water) There are no filters used and no color correction. For editing we use Adobe Premiere Pro

Reactions: Kai Mele
It was all shot in one and a half batteries. (So 30 some odd minutes safely over water) There are no filters used and no color correction. For editing we use Adobe Premiere Pro
Impressive - good flying!
I fly over Sunset Beach and Vanier and earlier this week also over False Creek by Yaletown but don't post the videos much anymore due to grief from the drone police. :-(
I'll keep an eye out for you...been thinking of encouraging a Vanc Mavic meetup sometime.

Impressive - good flying!
I fly over Sunset Beach and Vanier and earlier this week also over False Creek by Yaletown but don't post the videos much anymore due to grief from the drone police. :-(
I'll keep an eye out for you...been thinking of encouraging a Vanc Mavic meetup sometime.

I flew for the first time behind science world without knowing the repercussions.. An unknown friend in the community explained to me that I was not allowed to fly there.. I'm happy to have gotten the footage I have but i will not fly there again.. I'm down for a meet up

Reactions: frankiez
Nice video of one of my favorite places in Van. I too have removed my videos from youtube due to the risk of being hunted down for "illegal flying".

Fantastic video! Very impressive that you got it in one day.
I am planning a trip to Whistler in June- I am hoping there is someplace legal to fly there. It is so beautiful!

It continues to be no problem to fly in Vancouver, I have found, so long you do so responsibly. I share my videos with family and friends but not, unfortunately, the drone community due to 'drone police'.

Reactions: BadWolf
I am planning a trip to Whistler in June- I am hoping there is someplace legal to fly there. It is so beautiful!
Good luck finding somewhere. Ski resorts forbid drone flying and the new drone laws also rule out most areas.

Shane, I find that you can fly almost anywhere in southwestern BC, except of course within close range of an airport. I do tend to stay low, below 100 metres and am careful to scope out the area first. Peeps, including the police even, seem mostly curious about the drone. No one has been negative or punitive.
Fly responsibly and with caution and most anywhere is open to your Mavic.

Shane, I find that you can fly almost anywhere in southwestern BC, except of course within close range of an airport. I do tend to stay low, below 100 metres and am careful to scope out the area first. Peeps, including the police even, seem mostly curious about the drone. No one has been negative or punitive.
Fly responsibly and with caution and most anywhere is open to your Mavic.

Absolutely I agree with your methodology, I have never had a bad experience with any members of the public of any kind, everyone is always just curious about the drone. But in saying that the new laws for instance, cannot fly within 75m of people,crowds(obv) vehicles,vessels or animals, pretty much scratches a whole lot of areas.The laws are so generic its a joke.

Absolutely I agree with your methodology, I have never had a bad experience with any members of the public of any kind, everyone is always just curious about the drone. But in saying that the new laws for instance, cannot fly within 75m of people,crowds(obv) vehicles,vessels or animals, pretty much scratches a whole lot of areas.The laws are so generic its a joke.
As far as I can tell, very few know of these proposed rules and there doesn't seem to be anyone around where I fly in Vancouver who would have the knowledge or authority to enforce them. Fly with confidence and use common sense.

As far as I can tell, very few know of these proposed rules and there doesn't seem to be anyone around where I fly in Vancouver who would have the knowledge or authority to enforce them. Fly with confidence and use common sense.
I like your thinking :) I would be interested to see some of your videos If you could PM some links

Whistler would be a great place to fly. There are many little lakes there that should not be a problem to fly over. Thanx for watching.

Do you feel You will be hunted down for your posted videos prior to the new laws?
I am not 100% but I got the impression from some people on here that it may be the case but how can anyone tell when the footage was captured.

I am not 100% but I got the impression from some people on here that it may be the case but how can anyone tell when the footage was captured.
I feel like it's the drone community that is most negative and some would like the authority to be punitive even. Regular folks are, in my experience, very positive and supportive of responsible drone flying and filming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11