DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Livestreaming with YouTube getting stuck at "Start Encoder"

larkin

Reactions
I have my YouTube account setup to "enable live streaming" and I've successfully logged in to the right account on the iPad 4 mini's DGI Go 4 app. I select YouTube as the livestream and it asks me to click the "Go Live" button. It then asks for a title, then says "Step 1" - "Start Encoder" and the time dial keeps twirling and nothing happens. If I goto youtube on my desktop, I can see that a live event has been created by the DJI GO app but nothing shows. When I goto the "Live control room" it says "We are not receiving data from your encoder. Please make sure it is configured correctly in the Ingestion Settings page." and the Ingestion Setting are set to Custom 720p. Setting it to anything else also does not help.

Ideas?

How long did you wait? I've had to wait 60-90 seconds before I've been able to do step 2. I've also seen a YouTube tutorial on this where it says you can go into the settings and turn off hardware encoding and that can help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Fixed it and found a better way

Fix) It wasn't working because I didn't have the Mavic on. I was assuming that the DJI GO screen would be broadcast but the encoder only starts when the Mavic video starts streaming in

Improvement: The YouTube streaming option creates a new live event but if you want the live stream to just start on your main youtube channel, use custom RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YOUR_KEY. Works much more seamlessly!

Reactions: littlewings

Fix) It wasn't working because I didn't have the Mavic on. I was assuming that the DJI GO screen would be broadcast but the encoder only starts when the Mavic video starts streaming in

Improvement: The YouTube streaming option creates a new live event but if you want the live stream to just start on your main youtube channel, use custom RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YOUR_KEY. Works much more seamlessly!

And how do you get people to watch? Is there a link you share with them or do they just go to your page?

And how do you get people to watch? Is there a link you share with them or do they just go to your page?
Your homepage on YT should have the feed. If not, broadcast, find the url, and keep that. It won't change if you do it the RTMP method.

Your homepage on YT should have the feed. If not, broadcast, find the url, and keep that. It won't change if you do it the RTMP method.

Is there any info shown on the display that differs when using RTMP vs YouTube? Like viewer count or whatever?

I used your RTMP trick after failing to connect to YouTube through the YouTube option and it worked really well.

All your channel subscribers receive an annotation on their phone that you are starting a live stream. That is true only if before you stream you set it to viewable by everyone. You also get a link instantly when you start streaming that you can share with your contacts via mail, SMS, whattsapp... Everything.
That work pretty well for me on my android phone. I just get problems with my 4g connection, was not good enough to send a good image quality.
Oh and yes... Don't forget that YOUR PHONE OR TABLET MICROPHONE SOUND is also live streamed!!! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Where do I get "YOUR_KEY"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio