DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

London Regulation

RomainK

Reactions
Hi Folks,

I just bought my first drone (Mavic) this week and I can't wait to use it !! I will go to Bali in a few weeks and can't wait to take video of amazing landscape :D

But first, I want to try it in London as I actually live in Earl's Court (near the Brompton Cemetery). However, I do not find any official website or something else saying clearly where we can and can not fly as a commercial drone for personal usage (so no filming for professional activities).
I have just read that the Royal Parks are non flight zone but not sure about the rest of London: commons, places near Earl's Court, Thames river, other...
Can someone help me to find this information?

Cheers,
Romain

Reactions: Soundtekk
Hi Folks,

I just bought my first drone (Mavic) this week and I can't wait to use it !! I will go to Bali in a few weeks and can't wait to take video of amazing landscape :D

But first, I want to try it in London as I actually live in Earl's Court (near the Brompton Cemetery). However, I do not find any official website or something else saying clearly where we can and can not fly as a commercial drone for personal usage (so no filming for professional activities).
I have just read that the Royal Parks are non flight zone but not sure about the rest of London: commons, places near Earl's Court, Thames river, other...
Can someone help me to find this information?

Cheers,
Romain

Try smaller parks, not Battersea, south of the river. I fly there and have no issues.

Richmond Park is a Royal Park but it does have a designated area that is supposed to be a Flying Field. You should be allowed to fly it there, although I have not tried the spot there. Most other parks have bylaws, which usually forbid the use of "model rc airplanes". I also flew mine in a quiet area in Victoria Park, so you can try there as well.

As you go into Sheen gate, park in the carpark on your right. Then it's a 600m walk to the RC flying ground. Over the roundabout and slightly right, there is a mown area. Not sure if they allow drones with camera's.

Thanks for clarification @Soundtekk. The RP website says the following:

Drones are remote controlled aeroplanes, helicopters or other flying models often fitted with a camera. They have become very affordable in recent years and their popularity has increased. The use of drones and remote controlled flying models is ONLY permitted on the Flying Field in Richmond Park.

So that should cover it.

When I get back home, we should have a meet!! After the 6th April. Look forward to it!!
u extended your holiday then lol was April 4th last time.

i am back to TH on 12th for 3 weeks but will be back may 1st. thailand was great and i saw a long range flight done in pathim Thani where my gf has her work she knows the place well. i might even take the mavic i brought in russia and one i brought in Thailand and go visit where they flew and see if there is any real differences in the drones. the rice fields there are around 10 kilomters. Theirs did 7km and just about made it back.

London flying just be very discreet if you are asked to stop then stop. London is a holding circle for heathrow so the further into greater london you are the ,lower they are.

u extended your holiday then lol was April 4th last time.

i am back to TH on 12th for 3 weeks but will be back may 1st. thailand was great and i saw a long range flight done in pathim Thani where my gf has her work she knows the place well. i might even take the mavic i brought in russia and one i brought in Thailand and go visit where they flew and see if there is any real differences in the drones. the rice fields there are around 10 kilomters. Theirs did 7km and just about made it back.

London flying just be very discreet if you are asked to stop then stop. London is a holding circle for heathrow so the further into greater london you are the ,lower they are.

Gotta work on the 5th...... bummer!

Reactions: Gary cato
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent