DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longboard Riding at Maryhill Loops Road

Reactions
Filmed a longboard skateboard riding event at Maryhill Loops Road in Goldendale, Washington. Maryhill Loops Road is revered by longboarders, including my son. So this was a great opportunity to do some exciting flying and filming. I found it quite challenging, trying to film rapidly moving subjects successfully. I also used sport mode for the first time extensively, and even with that it is hard to keep up with the fast riders (40+ mph easy). I found that the gimbal doesn't always keep up when flying in sport mode and doing maneuvers - I had to edit a few of those wobbly video episodes out.

I did almost crash into a hill once when flying backwards and filming, I was too focused on the screen and wasn't paying enough attention watching the MP (LOS) itself in that case.

I cheated and interspersed video from my Sony action cam, because having the whoosh sounds makes it more interesting for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatekman and YngveN
Nicely done, and what an excellent opportunity to train your filming skills. Sure it could have been smother on some parts, but all in all an excellent job IMO :)
I have yet not managed to film something good enough to be worth posting, but practice will get me there I hope :D

Nicely done, and what an excellent opportunity to train your filming skills. Sure it could have been smother on some parts, but all in all an excellent job IMO :)
I have yet not managed to film something good enough to be worth posting, but practice will get me there I hope :D
Thanks!
There is a lot for me to learn how to use this amazing tool. I think that is a big part of the fun.

Nice filming, guess it was not easy work and the theme is also not dramatic so good work.

Ciao Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada