DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer RC Lightning Cable

KenPascoe

Reactions
Ok, so it seems to me the RC was just built to take an iPad mini perfectly. All we need now is an RC cable that runs from the standard attachment point (right angle) down to where the iPad mini plug in place is (right angle) - basically the same cable tht the RC comes with, but longer. Has anyone found one yet?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Jaysjob
I'm sure someone will make a version soon, but for now you can use the other USB port at the bottom of the controller and a standard cable, just does not look that pretty.

That's not bad - but we need a DJI cable from the left side of the controller, down the arm, into the tablet.

Moving away from the iPad mini anyway - just picked up a Tab2 8inch. Now I have a bag, tablet, cables, filters. All I need is a drone!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: bobbyd
Only problem is you can't put a sunshade on them, and where I fly you really need one. So I am waiting on a mount I ordered to be able to use a sunshade with either a iPad Mini or a Air2.

Last edited:
I connected USB (middle of the controller port) to ipad and it does not sense it at all. I reckon I need the cable that goes in the left side controller port, not USB?

The bottom USB port will only work after you remove the cable from the left side. If it's still not working after doing that, then try restarting the remote controller.

Veeeery close but still not the one. This one is 3 feet long and neither end is at a 90 degree angle.
It needs to be about 1 foot long and have 90 degree angles on both ends.

I've been searching extensively for this elusive cable. Amazon, eBay, google, it seems they just don't make 90 degree lightning cables in the 1 ft size. Jumps from 4" to 3.3 ft.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I've been searching extensively for this elusive cable. Amazon, eBay, google, it seems they just don't make 90 degree lightning cables in the 1 ft size. Jumps from 4" to 3.3 ft.

Thanks for the help Waverunner. I've been searching hard but still nothing. If anything pops up post it and I'll do the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103