DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for DJI Care Refresh reviews

If you have had to use DJI Care Refresh, would you purchase it again?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I have not had to use it.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

omod

Reactions
Looking at buying DJI Care Refresh, and am looking for reviews. Is it worth it? Is there a lot of hassle? Do they refuse to repair some things?

Mavic manufactured March 17
I fly over lots of water, some of which the mavic would be unrecoverable if it went down.

Reactions: Former Member
I think you can only buy it and have to register within 48 hours of the first flight.

Looking at buying DJI Care Refresh, and am looking for reviews. Is it worth it?

It is insurance and will provide a repair if you damage your Mavic and can send it in to be fixed. It's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Then there's the wait time of between 5-8 weeks because DJI is moving its operation from Carson to Cerritos, and longer delays are now happening.

Is there a lot of hassle?

The hassle lies in the wait time, and the fact that you will probably get a refurbished Mavic back instead of the one you sent in. Some people dont like that factor.

Do they refuse to repair some things?

They wont refuse to repair anything but they will charge you normal prices, not the Refresh price, if they determine that you were flying within what DJI considers "flight under unsuitable conditions" which could translate into rain, high wind, interference, etc.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

Reactions: flipf

It is insurance and will provide a repair if you damage your Mavic and can send it in to be fixed. It's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Then there's the wait time of between 5-8 weeks because DJI is moving its operation from Carson to Cerritos, and longer delays are now happening.

The hassle lies in the wait time, and the fact that you will probably get a refurbished Mavic back instead of the one you sent in. Some people dont like that factor.

They wont refuse to repair anything but they will charge you normal prices, not the Refresh price, if they determine that you were flying within what DJI considers "flight under unsuitable conditions" which could translate into rain, high wind, interference, etc.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

What if i'm not using the latest firmware?

If you are using DJI firmware, regardless of version, you should be covered. However, it is always advisable to run the latest version of the firmware, as long as it does not cause error messages in DJI Go.

I have it and have never used it. TBH I only bought it because it was a new product. Seven months in and I have not even come close to needing to refresh my Mavic. If it is your first sUAS get it or get insurance. If you take a lot of chances get it. If you have had a DJI product before and you are cautious you won't need it.

My experience with Care Refresh it wonderfull.

I crashed my new Mavic with a boat.

I send it to DJI. They told me that cannot repair, so they will give me a new one for free (only the U$S 76- fee).

And, month later, I received a new Mavic in Buenos Aires, Argentina, completelly free of charge.

My experience with Care Refresh it wonderfull.

I crashed my new Mavic with a boat.

I send it to DJI. They told me that cannot repair, so they will give me a new one for free (only the U$S 76- fee).

And, month later, I received a new Mavic in Buenos Aires, Argentina, completelly free of charge.

Can you tell me more about your experience? I'm from Buenos Aires and I was planning to buy DJI Care Refresh. But it is my understanding that you have to ship it to the country where you bought the DJI Care from (I have no problem on that front) and that they only deliver to an address on that country. You are even required to put a US address (assuming I buy DJI Care from the US) for the delivery when I try to buy it.

How did you do? Any issues with Customs?

I have it and have used it. I crashed it into the side of my house while bringing it in for a landing on the deck. It hit, fell about 3 ft but broke the gimbal arm. I sent it in (with the broken rotors) and no battery. They request that you JUST send in the body. About 10 days later I received it back (a new or refurbished one) it was not my old one WITH new rotors and a new battery! Score! Works great and is like-new!! Best insurance for sure!

Dumbest accident on planet not even flying. Mavic ended up underwater... done!!! File the claim in the app. Total time is about 8 days. More importantly, there is no insurance claim. I had a great experience.

The OP asks a very good question. I purchased DJI Refresh and it will be up in January 2018. After reading this and giving it some though I am not sure I would buy a second refresh even if I could! The parts have now become fairly easy to obtain and the used market of Mavic Pro's will no doubt become flooded by January 2018 which by my estimates is about the time when the Mavic2 will either be on pre order or at least be revealed..

So that brings up the question of what will a first Gen Mavic Pro will be worth at that time, much less in January 2019 when my second refresh would be up.

If DJI really does make a significant improvement to the Camera I suspect the older Mavics will drop in value quiet a bit. If the Camera is only moderately improved, the unlocking ability of the older Mavic Pro may make its value hold steady, that's assuming the Mav2 is locked down tight which IMHO is a given

Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242