DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

jskipper73

Reactions
Newbie with a Mavic Pro ordered. I was checking around the pensacola, fl and surrounding area and really didnt find much on drone fliers or groups. If any of yall are out there please feel free to post.

Thanks
James

Newbie with a Mavic Pro ordered. I was checking around the pensacola, fl and surrounding area and really didnt find much on drone fliers or groups. If any of yall are out there please feel free to post.

Thanks
James

I'm close to the area. I have one ordered too. Haven't received it yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jskipper73

Thanks
James

I'm in Pensacola (near back gate of NAS). I have a Mavic Pro w/Fly More (arrived on 16 Jan) and an Inspire 1 Pro (flying that for the last couple years).

Oh nice thats right in my area..im right up the road from you, Navy Credit Union area. Is there any particular place you fly in this area. I have ferguson field right next to me and of course NAS airspace, i understand i have to call both prior to flying

Sent from my SM-G930P using MavicPilots mobile app

Oh nice thats right in my area..im right up the road from you, Navy Credit Union area. Is there any particular place you fly in this area. I have ferguson field right next to me and of course NAS airspace, i understand i have to call both prior to flying

I do some low-level flying at the baseball field behind the Winn Dixie that's between Sorento Rd and Gulf Beach Hwy. I believe it's called Baars Field (ballfield). It's outside of the no-fly zone bubbles around the NAS.

As an aside...I also have two 3D printers, and have made a bunch of Mavic accessories (found on Thingiverse.com). If you find a 3D printed part on Ebay that you're interested in, hold off on getting it. Let me know what it is and I'll see about printing it out for you...no charge.

Reactions: Jonez
Awesome!! Hey man i really appreciate that. Once i get some flight time under my belt im sure ill figure out what accessories ill need..again thanks!

Awesome!! Hey man i really appreciate that. Once i get some flight time under my belt im sure ill figure out what accessories ill need..again thanks!

I am in the area too! Perdido. Mavic should be here in the next couple weeks and my polar pros just came in. I am starting a business and would love some fellow enthusiasts to fly with and shoot the ****!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Excellent! Looking forward to getting a group together and comparing notes and techniques.

Yes definitely...im completely new to the drone world so really looking forward to flying with others...expecting my mavic in the next week or so!

Groovy! You've got a week (or so) to continue reading up on the "what not to do" posts on the forum, read up on the manuals a few more times, and praying for good weather : ) I'll start 3D printing a few Mavic accessories that I've found useful and have them ready for when you want them. We'll meet up with "insainflow" and begin forming up a gaggle of Mavics : )

Still no Mavic..site says payment processed but still not shipped..hoping my order didnt get caught up in the Chinese New year

Use the DJI Go app (android or iOS) and log into your account...and look at your orders from there. For me, shipping information showed up on the app a few days before it showed up on the DJI website. Once it showed shipped...it only took 2 days to get here (shipped from Atlanta warehouse).

i checked it thru the app..showing payment confirmed and shipping pending...guess ill wait a little longer..lol

My Mavic arrived today, but that was all that arrived. all the xtra batteries and other accessories are still in limbo..gonna be up in crestview tomorrow so maybe ill get some flight time in

Groovy! Take it slow at first....perhaps use tripod mode for a few flights. My Mavic is still waiting on a shipping label for repairs. It tried to knock down a utility pole (the utility pole won). Though I've got over 2 years experience with my DJI Inspire 1 Pro...without incident....the Mavic decided to be a "maverick" and go on a collision course. Broke the gimbal. Luckily I have DJI Care Refresh....so it's just a matter of getting it shipped back for repair/replacement. Looks like I'm back to the Inspire 1 Pro for a couple weeks or so.

Oh man that sucks...yeah that gimbal seems really fragile..I got it in the air today, real basic stuff nothing fancy, it handles nothing like the cheap drones that im used to flying, ofcourse im flying gps assisted and in beginners mode. Flying this thing has me on edge, like i dont know how im gonna deal with my first crash but i know its coming..haha i do also have the DJI care refresh so that takes some of the worry out. Im also gonna look into state farm, ive read that they will insure the mavic full coverage for about $60 a yr w/ no deductible..anyway hoping for some decent flying weather!!

Thanks
James
Hi folks. I live in Pensacola Beach and have been flying a Phantom 3 Standard for about 1 1/2 months. Absolutely hooked but still quite a novice as I've never flown anything before and I was too old to be into PlayStations and other remote control devices. I've mostly gotten up early to catch sunrises and to fly before it gets crowded. I alsdid a POI over Maritime Stadium; home of the Blue Wahoos. Now I know that's illegal but it was empty so I thought it'd be OK. It came out pretty cool with the sound effects I added. Anyway, I've wanted a Mavic since they came out and have decided to upgrade and will be taking advantage of the $83 price reduction I see that DJI is offering, so I'll be ordering today.

Great to hear that there are pilots around because I had been searching for clubs or groups in Pensacola but hadn't discovered any. So thanks, James, for initiating this thread. And, BTW, we have State Farm homeowners insurance and I've got my P3S covered for $60 a year. No liability however

DJI says the Mavics are shipping in 1-3 days so hopefully I'll have mine in a couple of weeks if I order today. Or, maybe I shouldn't hold my breath, aye?

FYI,I talked to a fella who runs a drone photography business in Pensacola about issues with flying around the Pensacola area and he eased my worried mind about flying in the area.

Welcome to the thread and the growing numbers of Mavics in the area. I believe there's a general flying club (planes, drones, etc...) in Pensacola....but I believe we can look at forming a UAS/Drone group that can meet our hobby desires. Nothing against the hobby planes/copters/etc...just looking to focus on UAS/Drones. The group's thought?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61