DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for help with log file. Lost gps

jaredsandy

Reactions
Mavic just started drifting away... Anyone know what happened?
Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-24_[17-18-28].txt
    889.2 KB · Views: 18
I wonder why this one missed inspection? It's kind of late so let me just give you a quick run down on what I am seeing at first glance.

You had a good flight for the first half then at the start of the second half you seemed to have gone into a TBE or spiral that has been known to mess with the GPS. As soon as you came out of the TBE the satellite health dropped to 1 and that put the craft in ATTI mode. You drifted a bit in ATTI mode and then the GPS health returned to 5 and you were back in GPS mode. You had 3 more TBE while in GPS mode and then you hit RTH. The craft headed back to you and when it reached you it started to descend but then lost GPS again and went into ATTI mode while still descending. I guess this is the point were you say it flew away because it headed away from you while descending from 112M down to 57M. Then you evidently hit the throttle and it climbed back up to 86m in altitude, while it traveled about 118M away from you. (yeah that must have been scary) Luckily at that point the GPS health went back up to 5 and you were back in GPS mode and flew it back home.

Unfortunately its late and I cannot analyze it further but luckily it seemed to have come home just fine. You really need to pull the DAT file from the Mavic and post it in this thread for a more in-depth analysis.

Rob

Thanks Rob, you nailed it... That's exactly how that flight went. On that first RTH, when it lost GPS it was going to drift and land in my pine trees... Not the best flight, and it hasn't happened since, but it definitely took a while to get my nerves back.
It doesn't appear that the DAT file is an allowable extension, so I attached a link to it as I have it in my google drive. Thanks a lot for taking a look at it. I'm a newbie to the sport, so I really appreciate the help.

2017-01-24 17_18_28.dat

Your welcome.
The file you linked is not the right DAT file.
You need to pull it from the Mavic using DJI Assistant 2 and the Black box option. The file will be over 400MB in size so you will need to upload it to a dropbox account.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada