Looking into purchasing a Mavic pro but have some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Robuk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Robuk

Robuk New Member

Hi all new to the forum from the UK. As a former inspire one owner I'm now looking at purchasing a mavic pro which would be better suited for my needs been smaller and more convenient.

I have afew questions before i commit:

Will the U.K models range be restricted compared to the US model? I read somewhere the that the EU models don't fly as far? However on quadcopters.co.uk it states 4.3mile range. Little confused here.

If the UK models range is restricted I may have to import a US model. However I understand that you guys are limited to 400ft altitude. Is this restriction in the DJI pilot App when flying?

Can this be changed to 500m which I was used to with my inspire one? Way too high I know but the option is there if required.

Are any new batteries coming out that improve flight times? The inspire one had some so wondering if the mavic will too. After watching afew videos these seem to be getting around 21mins max flight time.

Does this drone come with an SD card for recording video / photos.

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

All Mavics are the same. Per the Mavic specs, you can fly 4.3 miles in FCC mode or 2.5 miles in CE mode. The mode is auto selected based on the Mavic's current location. There is no way to manually change between FCC and CE mode.

The Mavic can fly up to 500 meters above the take off point. It's up to the pilot to follow the 400 foot rule/recommendation.

It comes with a 16GB memory card. You can see what else comes in the box here.

martano likes this.
  3. Robuk

Robuk New Member

Ok that's great thanks for clearing this up!