DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lose of signal and how I got it back

EagleeyesDS

Reactions
I was flying a commercial real estate mission when my mavic Pro lost all communication. I was about three hundred feet off the ground.only about 150 feet laterally from me. All of a sudden it lost signal but not just the app the controller. I could still see it was on my phone in the DJI app but I had no control. I hit the rth nothing happened the Drone was hovering then it just still slowly started gaining altitude. I was holding down on the controller no luck just up slowly. I tried to restart the DJI app but with no luck on regaining control. I could see its altitude kept climbing and climbing and was worried about how far up it was getting. The battery was down to 15%. In a last-ditch effort to regain control and against my RC knowledge I went ahead and powered down the controller and powered it back on in hopes of gaining control before the battery died. It worked I regain control and landed safely. I'm wondering if this is not a new occurrence for others? And I'm concerned about using it in residential areas or other places because of the FlyAway possibility. Does this seem like an issue with multiple mavic's? should I contact DJI. As a commercial operator I want to get the problem figured out ASAP! I use dronelogbook and have found the flight it happened with and you can see in midair how it lost signal and then regain signal after I cycled because it made another flight log at a higher altitude and when I landed it. My Phantom 3 Pro never did anything like that it's definitely really scary. Seems like a TX stability issue. I have had it lose signal on the ground before I took off and had to restart it because it won't come up in app. I love this little drone it is awesome other then this issue. what does everyone else think about reliability?

I think you ran into the automatic return to home when your battery went below 30%. Some have complained about the feature saying they experienced the same behavior. At low battery or critical Mavic will try to save itself. Distance from home is also a factor in its RTH routine. Just watch your power levels and try not to push the battery limits in congested areas.

I'm having similar issues at close range but I have a good amount of battery when it occurs. I think i've narrowed it down to my device. What phone/tablet are you using?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22