DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing data feed to phone - New Mavic

mrmcqueen

Reactions
Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can advise me with this issue i'm getting with my new Mavic?

I received it on Monday but due to a recent hand op and decidedly inclement weather it had only been powered on to do a firmware update (now and some config before today. When I first powered it on with my iphone6, everything looked ok in the software (showed connected, was logged in) until i went to the video screen. No picture and no data. On the controller, all the data was visible. I fiddled with the data cable, unplugged it from the controller and when i plugged it back in, everything came up. Video and flight data all there. I assumed it wasn't connected properly and that was that.

I then took it out to my favourite test area and went for its maiden flight. Spent 10 mins checking everything out at close range then went a bit further. All good. Flew it back to me, hovered and suddenly the video seemed to lock up, then the picture and data feeds stopped with a grey screen and 'N/A' for all the values. The status bar at the top left was still green. After a couple of seconds I got a dialogue saying it has lost video signal and did I want to RTH. I said no and flew it back and landed it. Just as I was coming in to land, the video and data streams returned.

I have since been able to replicate this issue with the Mavic on my desk and with my ipad mini rather than iphone. It doesn't matter what cable I use or what port on the controller. I can restore the data and video feeds instantly by unplugging the usb cable and reconnecting it, or generally if I wait 30-40s it restores itself.

App v. 4.0.4
Mavic fw v. 01.03.0400
Controller fw v. 01.03.0400

Has anyone seen this before? If so, is there a simple solution or am I calling DJI tomorrow?

I had zero issues with the Mavic I had previously so I wasn't expecting anything like this.

My background is 4 years with DJI quads, P1, P2V, P2V+, P3A and a couple of weeks with a loan Mavic last year, so this isn't my first rodeo and I'm hoping I've covered most of the obvious stuff already, but there's still room for stupidity in here...

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can advise me with this issue i'm getting with my new Mavic?

I received it on Monday but due to a recent hand op and decidedly inclement weather it had only been powered on to do a firmware update (now and some config before today. When I first powered it on with my iphone6, everything looked ok in the software (showed connected, was logged in) until i went to the video screen. No picture and no data. On the controller, all the data was visible. I fiddled with the data cable, unplugged it from the controller and when i plugged it back in, everything came up. Video and flight data all there. I assumed it wasn't connected properly and that was that.

I then took it out to my favourite test area and went for its maiden flight. Spent 10 mins checking everything out at close range then went a bit further. All good. Flew it back to me, hovered and suddenly the video seemed to lock up, then the picture and data feeds stopped with a grey screen and 'N/A' for all the values. The status bar at the top left was still green. After a couple of seconds I got a dialogue saying it has lost video signal and did I want to RTH. I said no and flew it back and landed it. Just as I was coming in to land, the video and data streams returned.

I have since been able to replicate this issue with the Mavic on my desk and with my ipad mini rather than iphone. It doesn't matter what cable I use or what port on the controller. I can restore the data and video feeds instantly by unplugging the usb cable and reconnecting it, or generally if I wait 30-40s it restores itself.

App v. 4.0.4
Mavic fw v. 01.03.0400
Controller fw v. 01.03.0400

Has anyone seen this before? If so, is there a simple solution or am I calling DJI tomorrow?

I had zero issues with the Mavic I had previously so I wasn't expecting anything like this.

My background is 4 years with DJI quads, P1, P2V, P2V+, P3A and a couple of weeks with a loan Mavic last year, so this isn't my first rodeo and I'm hoping I've covered most of the obvious stuff already, but there's still room for stupidity in here...
I notice these issues myself, but I have noticed not all devices seem to have this issue with the Go 4 app. I was not for instance duplicate this on iDevices with a clean install of DJI GO 4.

I too am experiencing this on my new Mavic Pro......I constantly lose video transmission even at close range.....very disappointing.
Is there any remedy to this?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I received mine last week and have been experiencing this exact same issue. I was flying at a location where someone had just landed their Phantom 3 Advanced and I was asking if they had any interference issues, to which they said not at all. However, three flights (powered off, battery removed, phone power cycled) and I lost video each time as described here. I then went to a different location last night and had the same issue twice. It is basically every time I fly it, no matter where I am flying. Definitely feel like something is wrong here.

I too am experiencing this on my new Mavic Pro......I constantly lose video transmission even at close range.....very disappointing.
Is there any remedy to this?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I wonder if the Antenna connector on the main board is not being pushed down properly. DJI has been rushing these things out the door and maybe someone on the assembly line is not doing their job properly.

The key thing here for me is that the controller is still getting and displaying status data. That same data is no longer displaying on the phone screen, so I believe the issue is between the controller and the phone, not the controller and the Mavic. On top of that, I'm showing a full strength signal when it happens and during the dropouts.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same problem looks like in the picture and when a reconnect my Iphone 6s plus I get the video link back but. After a few moments it goes back again. Didn't had it before the latest update of the dji go 4 app. I also hear after some time like the charging sound of my Iphone and the video comes back. Also tried with another cable. Have the same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.PNG.png
    IMG_0183.PNG.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 25
I was experiencing these issues until I switched to a new iPad mini 4......like magic all video transmission issues went away and it's been flawless ever since- I recommend the IPad mini 4- it has solved this issue completely!

I had an issue like that when I first got mine. I could not get a live feed. All I had was a black screen. I could take pictures, video and move the gonna. I read somewhere to try airplane mode, because there might be interference. Airplane solved my problem! After getting a video feed, I was able to take my phone off Airplane mode and I have not had any problems since. I guess it needed to do an initial sync-up with my phone.

iPhone 6s Plus

I had all the above issues, (android) with my Samsung 5 , Asus 7" tablet, finally took a recommendation of the Acer 7" tablet.
I;ve flown a total of 9-10 flights using the Acer, all with no drop out's, no black screen or loosing picture or lag issues.
I;ve used both the Go 4 app(4.1.4) & Litchi, & my blurry videos off sd card are gone too, touch wood!

I have had the same issue multiple times, I uninstalled then reinstalled my Go4. Fixed everytime, but is super frustrating. Fortunately no crashes as a result... so far anyways. Flying with Iphone X.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000