DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing image transmission .

Panos

Reactions
Greetings to everybody. Yesterday i had an issue while flying the mavic. I suddenly lost the image on my iphone 6 . The app was working , i could navigate the drone ,etc but i couldn't see anything. Landed it turned everything off both the drone and the remote , turned the phone also off and opened everything again. Worked for a while and again i lost the image. From what i red here several people had the same issue, correct? A friend of mine that had the same issue with the inspire and his iphone 6 or his ipad solved it by using a sony tablet. Never had an issue afterwards! I will fly today the mavic having the plane mode on , on my iphone as someone is suggesting and i will post how it will go. If anyone has another suggestion feel free to help ! Thanks a lot !!

Greetings to everybody. Yesterday i had an issue while flying the mavic. I suddenly lost the image on my iphone 6 . The app was working , i could navigate the drone ,etc but i couldn't see anything. Landed it turned everything off both the drone and the remote , turned the phone also off and opened everything again. Worked for a while and again i lost the image. From what i red here several people had the same issue, correct? A friend of mine that had the same issue with the inspire and his iphone 6 or his ipad solved it by using a sony tablet. Never had an issue afterwards! I will fly today the mavic having the plane mode on , on my iphone as someone is suggesting and i will post how it will go. If anyone has another suggestion feel free to help ! Thanks a lot !!
check for cable connection from rc to the phone

As suggested above, the problem is often with the cable. To see if this is the cause in your case, unplug the micro USB from the controller and your phone, and use a standard USB cable in the bottom port.
I had the same problem, and the cable change sorted it.

Don't think that moving from iOS to Android will solve your issues as I had to move to iOS due to constant disconnects on my android phone and tablet.

Thanks for your replies guys. As i mentioned above I went to check what will happen if i enable the plane mode on my iphone . I am happy to say that everything worked great. I spent more that an hour flying and there was no loss of image. I will keep posting how it goes and you are more than welcome to share your thoughts !

Samething here, start loosing image transmission, control the Mavic works, also using iPhone 7 plus.

This starten after I had My gimbal on the Mavic repaired by DJI care in beginning of April after a crash

As I had firmware upgraded directly after receiving the drone, also had to relink the controller to the Mavic, I have no defined obvious lead to the cause.

But I found out, that with out touching the Controller or the cable, I just restarted the Mavic and I got it back, but looses it sometimes again, and some times not..Restarting Controller or app made no difference.

Also have plane mode enabled from when it was released in that firmware after I received on my Mavic back from repair, next time will try to see if disabling that has any impact.

Firmware 01.03.0700

Are you using the microSD card that came with the Mavic or have you swapped it out? I've had this issue with cards that aren't fast enough.

I think I had no SD card in the Mavic when I lost image transmission.

But this video indicates same behavior occurred on a Phantom 4, due to sd card that needed reformat.

Thanks will try that and contribute back to this discussion thread.

Last edited:
Samething here, start loosing image transmission, control the Mavic works, also using iPhone 7 plus.

This starten after I had My gimbal on the Mavic repaired by DJI care in beginning of April after a crash

As I had firmware upgraded directly after receiving the drone, also had to relink the controller to the Mavic, I have no defined obvious lead to the cause.

But I found out, that with out touching the Controller or the cable, I just restarted the Mavic and I got it back, but looses it sometimes again, and some times not..Restarting Controller or app made no difference.

Also have plane mode enabled from when it was released in that firmware after I received on my Mavic back from repair, next time will try to see if disabling that has any impact.

Firmware 01.03.0700

Greetings to everyone. It's been almost 3 weeks now and i am glad to say that switching to flight mode my iphone has solved , until now at least , the issue with the image transmission . I have flown the mavic a lot these past 3 weeks and so far everything is great. I have to inform you though that i have not done the latest update . The guy who sold the drone to me said to wait for while before updating to the latest firmware. I don't know if this plays any significant role to the transmission issue . Anyway, i will keep you posted if anything changes. Cheers.

Reactions: Stuntjake912
I'm having the same issue. Never had it all with 40 flights, and now suddenly I'm losing video signal. Everything else is fine I can fly the drone as I want, just can't see out the camera.
I've tried restarting the app and sometimes it works. However, many times when I restart the app, it shows the drone as Phantom 4.
Tried cable changes, doesn't help.
Any thoughts?
I'm using a 6s Plus and firmware .400
App version is 4.08 I believe (I haven't done the latest update for the app)

I've had this issue as well, but I thought it was due to extreme heat in 106' weather. However, on the July 4th Night, I was in cool settings near water, and lost it then too.

Only firmware update I did was when first purchased in late June. However, I followed the instructions cited above, and after starting the Mavic empty of SD card, I added the card to the Drone and ran a Format on it. I took it for a few spins today, once before this, and once afterwards prior to posting this. It was up for a good 10 minutes and no drop in video or control. Let's see how long it lasts.

I had the same problem, I put my phone in airplane mode and, problem solved!

Actually I found that it is the cable provided to connect the controller to my iPhone. Replaced it with a regular one from the USB port on the bottom and its been working fine.

I fly using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Its a new tablet; I only purchased it to use while I fly. I have the same problem..."Lost Transmission" (smh). I wonder if I enable my tablet in airplane mode will that help? But here's the thing....my tablet is Wifi only; it's not LTE. Does it matter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC