DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

losing image transmission

Not yet. As soon as I get some time today with the mavic I will try your settings. Crossing my fingers
I refreshed the current firmware first. Had one flight so far with no problem. I ran out
of daylight so I'll test again tomorrow

I've been experiencing this issue with an IPhone 7+. Video transmission works only if Airplane Mode turned on.

I've been experiencing this issue with an IPhone 7+. Video transmission works only if Airplane Mode turned on.
Im collecting solutions so if one doesn't work I can move on to the next.

If I still lose video after refreshing I'll try turning on airplane mode

I refreshed the current firmware first. Had one flight so far with no problem. I ran out
of daylight so I'll test again tomorrow
I used airplane mode today and it seems like the problem is solved! Thank you. And I still had my map

Im collecting solutions so if one doesn't work I can move on to the next.

If I still lose video after refreshing I'll try turning on airplane mode
Because I was loosing my map in airplane mode I tried something that happens in airplane mode instead. I turned off cellular data and it worked fine. No image loss and I had my map.

I have iPhone 7 plus and same problems. All the problems are fixed if I put Airplane mode ON.

This happened to me for the first time (after maybe 20 flights or so) yesterday, flying near Shiprock, NM. It was a bit scary, but it didn't seem like a connector issue, since I was able to successfully trigger Fly Home even after I lost video feed.

Didn't occur to me to turn Airplane mode ON; I guess if that's the only solid solution, I'd do it, but it's kinda nice to have a map some times...

Reactions: Mike Smith
The stock DJI cable is known to be unreliable. Try using the cable that came with your phone / iPad. If the problem goes away, toss the old cable.

I haven't used the side connectors right from the start, always looks dodgy to me. It's a critical component with sloppy connections.
Even when I was using an IPhone I plugged into the bottom large USB.
To me this is the simplest solution to a poor design.

This happened to me for the first time (after maybe 20 flights or so) yesterday, flying near Shiprock, NM. It was a bit scary, but it didn't seem like a connector issue, since I was able to successfully trigger Fly Home even after I lost video feed.

Didn't occur to me to turn Airplane mode ON; I guess if that's the only solid solution, I'd do it, but it's kinda nice to have a map some times...
I also almost always have success if I fly with cell data turned of and still have my map. I like having the map too.

I got too many crashes early on, and switched to a known stable tablet and all the problems with video and DJI Go hanging up went away - not a single problem in that regard in about 50 flights since changing.

Reactions: Mike Smith
I got too many crashes early on, and switched to a known stable tablet and all the problems with video and DJI Go hanging up went away - not a single problem in that regard in about 50 flights since changing.
How big is it, how do you hold it while flying?

and I'm still using the standard black lightning adapter with the sliding retainer that came with the Mavic.
i see you used a different start up sequence than the one specified in the manual. are you sticking with that sequence? I'm having loss of video transmissions also. I have iPhone 6+.

I am new to the forum and I have not found a solution if the thread I have read that works for me. I have a Mavic pro that has been losing video transmission usually after the first five minutes after the video has been running fine. I am using an Iphone SE. I also see that the DJI app shoes that the gimbal is disconnected, which I have checked twice now and all five of the connectors are good. The video works fine for the first five minutes whether sitting on the ground or flying, then it just stops and I RTH with no problems.

I am new to the forum and I have not found a solution if the thread I have read that works for me. I have a Mavic pro that has been losing video transmission usually after the first five minutes after the video has been running fine. I am using an Iphone SE. I also see that the DJI app shoes that the gimbal is disconnected, which I have checked twice now and all five of the connectors are good. The video works fine for the first five minutes whether sitting on the ground or flying, then it just stops and I RTH with no problems.
Also, each time I restart the DJI 4 App the video works and then five minutes later I lose it again.

No problems. Just Ensure you plug in your lightning cable end of your phone first. Ensure that the clamps are secure around your phone and then do a firm press down on the lightning cable to Ensure a proper fit.

Once you take offf, don't go zooming off in the distance right away. Test out flight characteristics by moving in all axes, and watch out for any weird noise.

Once all is smooth fly off away!
Hi all
This is happening to me constantly now. The video signal just drops out with a RTH suggestion. When I land, the video stream comes back for a brief while, then drops again. All the time I still have control over flight, and cameras.
I don't think this is a cable issue. It does exactly the same on wifi. No cables involved.
I'm using a Samsung mini-tablet, and have tried several different cables, and also a different Samsung larger tablet, following the helpful replies on this forum.
Getting a bit despondent now. :-(
Mike

I too have had a couple of issues with losing image transmission on my iPhone 6s Plus. I have just tried cleaning the fluff out of my lightning port on the phone, hopefully that will help as it did have some pocket fluff in there.

Interesting to note people put their phones into airplane mode when flying, is this recommended practice? Makes sense, but i wasnt sure if the controller or Mavic took any data from the phone which would be cancelled out by putting the phone into airplane mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S