DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost gimbal clamp.

Well if DJI cannot provide a genuine gimbal clamp for their customers I guess this alternative piece of rubber could help.

Reactions: indianbullet
That foam is a great idea! Also i would not be tieing anything to the gimbal clamp like that "remove before flight" tag, if you snag that on something its going to rip it out and probably the camera will come with it.

That foam is a great idea! Also i would not be tieing anything to the gimbal clamp like that "remove before flight" tag, if you snag that on something its going to rip it out and probably the camera will come with it.

I have had this ribbon taped to my gimbal clamp for the past 3.5 months and never had a problem with it snagging on anything

SmallDSC_0006.JPG

On that factory dji lock, why does the ribbon sit against it? Doesnt seem like pulling it out and pushing in constantly is a good idea. Must have be a late friday when that was designed.

On that factory dji lock, why does the ribbon sit against it? Doesnt seem like pulling it out and pushing in constantly is a good idea. Must have be a late friday when that was designed.

I think it was a good idea, never had any problems with the gimbal clamp

I think the gimbal ribbon is a bit overkill but to each own. Since i work in a label company, i have access on a different types/color of paper and this what i came up with. The color was so bright there is no way im going to miss it.

20170330_175501.jpg
20170330_175406.jpg

Its ok I guess could be alot better and easier. I push it to one side then slip it up, wish it was rubber or something though.

Last edited:
So, I just uploaded the "Noel" gimbal clamp from Thingiverse to my Shapeways account and had it printed in red strong and flexible plastic for the $5.94 price. When I receive it, I'll report back.... but it did notify me that the model had several spots that it was too thin.....mostly on the "mavic-pro.help" logo on the inside.

So, I received my Shapeways package today, and although it's close...it came a little big. It will fit, but the width is about .025" bigger than the original gimbal clamp. Also, as expected, the points were too thin on the sides, and the lettering (Mavic-pro.help) was a little "blended".

Not sure if this is because the model is too big, or Shapeways printed it too big.
bd83c05b83fa9ff261ea58e041d208c0.jpg
c195c017fae31b6e52d792dfbadc3a84.jpg
0dc1d46bc241e3e2f5abee6389e61889.jpg
9346cf5520c13345391f91f181300ca4.jpg

But I wouldn't use them this size....as it could damage your gimbal installing/removing them...

Close though!

Reactions: ed1nh0
I like it. Nice color for its purpose.
Should be a great replacement to the genuine gimbal clamp.

Last edited:
I saw this thread was started Nov 1, 16 .... and was half hoping today's post was "FOUND IT!!!". ;)

Dang in my excitement to fly i misplaced my gimbal clamp , is this something that should be on it when it's in the bag traveling ? of so anyone know we're I can pick up another one?

Simple, eBay is littered with them or failing that, Amazon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143