DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Pro in the CR Swart dam in Benoni...

D

Deleted member 9241

Hey guys and girls,

I know this is a long shot as I don't think there are many Mavic owners in SA and more specifically in Benoni.
But yesterday I lost my Mavic Pro in the CR Swart dam. Basically right in the middle... :(:(:(

Battery was running low and flew it back "manually" after recording some skiers. Was sitting about 3m above the water and stupidly I put it in sport mode to fly back. Watching the video (with tears in my eyes, so was quite blurry) the mavic slowly started descending as it came home. Until eventually it got very blurry the moment the camera hit the water.

Went out on a boat and looked in the area for about 45mins until the sun set. Water isn't too deep there (3m or 4m) so felt around with my feet as I didn't have goggles or anything. Thing is I don't have a boat anymore so can even go out there again today.

Will upload the .txt file and the screenshots for anyone that wants to look through them to see what not to do...

Like I say, I know its a long shot, but If someone finds it, please try get home of me. There is a sticky not (one of those yellow post-its) in the battery bay with my details, but I'm sure the water will smudge it and it will be unreadable.

IMG_1003.jpg IMG_1004.jpg

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-21_[17-24-13].txt
    2 MB · Views: 9
sorry for your loss, since water is not too deep why dont you get a friend and start searching near the missing spot with water googles and flippers?

So rescue mission planned for tomorrow...

Just a quick side note;
Those of you that have lost your mavic in the water?
Have you been able to "dry" it out and is it working again. Ive seen videos on YouTube of some successful and some not so successful attempts... If it was successful, how long was it in the water for?

If it does get found, its going to sit in a bag of rice for a few days!!!

Not sure how tough the mavic may be, but hitting the water at 52kph you may only recover pieces...

Sport mode uses a lot more power for a little more speed, so is definitely not what you want to use if you're running low on battery, you'd rather want to be at the optimal ~30-35km/h. As you've noticed when battery voltage gets low it may not even be able to maintain height when full speed in sport mode.

Now you know :(

****, sorry for your loss. Now I am seriously looking into those waterproof GPS trackers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada