DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Remote Charger Cable -What kind is it?

ahadaya1

Reactions
Trying to figure out what kind of cable i need to charge the remote.. i think its a micro usb cable but it's a rectangle shape. Is this proprietary?

It's a micro usb cable, may even be a USB C cable. I think I've used both and they work. The opening is shaped really weird but both cables fit.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
Hmm.. ok.. if anyone knows the exact usb let me know, trying to call local stores to see if they have it.

Reactions: JQCitizen
You can use 2 types of cables to charge and communicate - Micro A and Micro B. Niether is proprietary.
Micro A is rectangular and is found on the left shoulder Mavic Controller and first generations of Nokia Luminas.
Micro B is Trapezoidal shape and is found on majority of Android phones and tablets.
Micro B cable will fit into a Micro A port. Micro A cable will NOT fit into a Micro B port.

These micro B USB cables are cheap and very common house hold item.

Last edited:
You can use 2 types of cables to charge and communicate - Micro A and Micro B. Niether is proprietary.
Micro A is rectangular and is found on the left shoulder Mavic Controller and first generations of Nokia Luminas.
Micro B is Trapezoidal shape and is found on majority of Android phones and tablets.
Micro B cable will fit into a Micro A port. Micro A cable will NOT fit into a Micro B port.

These micro B USB cables are cheap and very common house hold item.

Am I missing something? I've been trying the android charger cable and it's not fitting, mainly because of the shape. We're talking Mavic Pro controller right? I just went to Best Buy and a small electronic store and no one had the rectangular cable.

Stressed out because I leave to the Philippines in a few hours and bought this drone for this trip.

Am I missing something? I've been trying the android charger cable and it's not fitting, mainly because of the shape. We're talking Mavic Pro controller right? I just went to Best Buy and a small electronic store and no one had the rectangular cable.

Stressed out because I leave to the Philippines in a few hours and bought this drone for this trip.

Fits nicely..
You mavic pro should have 1 x micro usb type B in the box.
Usb%20Micro%20B.jpg

USB%20Micro%20B%20mavic%20controller.jpg

It's a micro usb cable, may even be a USB C cable. I think I've used both and they work. The opening is shaped really weird but both cables fit.
Its not Type C on the mavic.
Type C is the newest 'standard' and is found on the some new Macbooks and Pc's. Some of the new flagship phones are starting to adopt type C like the failed Note7. Type C is faster and is like the lightning cable, symmetrical so there's no need to guess.

ok thanks going to run to staples and see if they have it
They sell them in the Phils.
Eat some crispy skin pork for me =)

ok :) maybe ill just buy one at a cheap electronic store there. Will do!

I think the guy at best buy was confused.. he had never seen a rectangle USB and most people don't think that the beveled android charger would fit in this.

I grabbed a friend's android charger and it didn't fit but it had two small lines running along the top side that prevent it from sliding in - the one in your pic doesnt have those lines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth