DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal at a few meters...

Recif

Reactions
Hi,

I flew my MPro for 10 minutes, and when he get back, at near 20/30 meters ı stopped it, then suddenly ı got signal lost in red on my phone/dji go, then the picture just hangs. But ı had still the controle with remote on my drone. So ı got it back manualy in sight without any problem. But what if it had happened when ı didn't see it just a few minutes before ? İ suppose it would have start the RTH process in the normal way. But ı was a little affraid...

Is there any log somewhere to have some informations about ?

Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using MavicPilots mobile app

It sounds like the mavic performed as its designed. I'd try to fly it in another area & see if the problem occurs again. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is your phone since I'm not seeing the HUAWEI NXT-L29 phone listed as a supported device.

Was your phone in airplane mode and / or did you leave wifi on? Wifi can use the same frequency range as your RC.

I would try different locations or different devices and keep it close while you are doing the testing until you figure out the issue. I will say that I have flown in the same location quite a bit and usually have no issues with the signal but I have had a signal loss (recovered quickly) on a few occasions so environmental factors are possible, as are issues with the app on your phone. As you noticed as long as the RC has a connection you will still have control, of the RC loses connection it will perform whatever you have set as the action for that in the settings which would be RTH, hover, or land immediately. Be sure you have RTH settings setup correctly (altitude mostly) to avoid issues if that does kick in.

I personally do not think the wifi on your phone was the issue but it cannot hurt to also try flying with that turned off and see if you see the issue again, DJI doesn't say anything about turning off wifi and I would think if there was any chance that could cause an issue they would provide a warning about it.

Ok. Perhap's the usb connector was a little out then the connection between the rc and the phone was lost... For rth i set it up to 60m, and last time it returned to home after having its battery emptied. So rth works.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000