DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal for the first time today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertdude

Reactions
i was flying in my usual spot today but a little further than normal. The first battery I had no issues. I put the second battery in and almost the same route all of a sudden I got a weak signal then I lost the signal. Of course i **** when this happened. I kept looking up to see if it was going to return to home or did I lose it. I hit the return to home button even though I lost the signal. Short time later I heard the bird it was returning to home.
Not sure if it did it on its own or if me hitting the return to home button did something.
I haven't had a good experience with the djigo 4 app. I had no problem with the djigo app.

it happened to me too, Supposedly after losing signal for 8 second it will RTH anyway. I didn't like it either freaked me out that is why I am ordering a lot better long range antenna.

Reactions: shevlin
I'm agree too, could you post your fly record to see which distance your mavic went ? My limit is been 200 mts high and 700 mts on distance.

Camilo A.R Marquez
www.carmworks.com

Yeah it's quite a terrifying thrill to have that disconnect. I think that the auto frequency detection isn't great. I use manual frequency range selection and I haven't had a disconnect since.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

when mine happened I was flying over a archery range at 1700 ft I think at 200ft altitude I tried to descend to 30ft I think to see a target(thought it would be cool) and then bam lost signal. started hitting the rth button just like the op did immediately and it worked.

Yeah it's quite a terrifying thrill to have that disconnect. I think that the auto frequency detection isn't great. I use manual frequency range selection and I haven't had a disconnect since.

Hey larkin, with the manual set, whats your max distance you feel comfortable flying at?

is that a setting on the app? any downsides to manual freq selection?

Is it a bad idea to press the RTH button when having a disconnect?

The Quad should automatically RTH and by pressing the button is there a chance you could cancel the RTH flight?

Reactions: M4RK
Hey larkin, with the manual set, whats your max distance you feel comfortable flying at?
I fly around the Bay Bridge in SF (urban area) and get out to about 3,000m before I return home to avoid low battery. At that distance, I'm only down a single RC antenna bar.
is that a setting on the app? any downsides to manual freq selection?
Yes, it's a setting in the "HD" section of the app. Click on "Manual" and then slide the range over to the lowest point in the graph. I use the 10hz instead of 20hz range. I don't think there's any downside. I've always wondered if the RC can dynamically switch frequency while in flight to avoid a noise spike in a frequency range in encounters but I don't think so. I think it sticks with whatever frequency it or you decide at take-off.

Reactions: S Hale and EsiMavic
OMG! These posts scare the crap out of me. What distance did you fly before this happened?
Only fly about 1/2 mile hasn't happened before I believe it the djigo 4 app that sucks. I'm going to fly again and use the old djigo app to see what happens.

I lost connection flying over to my buddies house to see if he was back from his fishing trip. I shouldve figured something was up because when i stopped over his house, there was a slight drift in the hover. As I descended, i experienced pixellation on the screen and then complete loss of video feed. I was getting ready to freak out and then suddenly "slide to RTH" popped up in the middle of the black/blank screen. "Hell yeah!" I said. Then I waited. As it ascended to my RTH altitude, i regained video feed and I could see it was coming back to me. Whew!!!

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: ACR and beldog41
I fly around the Bay Bridge in SF (urban area) and get out to about 3,000m before I return home to avoid low battery. At that distance, I'm only down a single RC antenna bar.

Yes, it's a setting in the "HD" section of the app. Click on "Manual" and then slide the range over to the lowest point in the graph. I use the 10hz instead of 20hz range. I don't think there's any downside. I've always wondered if the RC can dynamically switch frequency while in flight to avoid a noise spike in a frequency range in encounters but I don't think so. I think it sticks with whatever frequency it or you decide at take-off.

I had some sucess after your advice with the 10 mhz function. The custom slider is a bit confusing at first.
I put it back to Auto after a IMU/compass calibrate, for whatever reason, gave me another 1000m with line of sight.

Re signal losss, "RTH on signal loss" and "RTH return altitude" settings are puro!
so while the controller bleeps at you 'N0 S1GN47,U R 5CR3W3D', you can be pretty sure mavic is ascending to the set altitude and making a beeline for you

Is it a bad idea to press the RTH button when having a disconnect?

The Quad should automatically RTH and by pressing the button is there a chance you could cancel the RTH flight?
Yes. Just let it do its thing.

This happened to me yesterday as well. "Aircraft Disconnected" and wouldn't reconnect at all. Unplugged and plugged back in with no effect. I had to land the drone and restart the remote to regain connection.

OMG! What happens if your over water. I think I'm going to make pontoons for it

someone did

Lifejacket for Mavic Finished

mavic doesnt fall from sky, not until battery discharge. but you know this

for the OP, id highly reccomend 'litchi'. it is a great app, and if you can afford mavic, you really should invest
not just for waypoints, etc. the basic interface is less clunky and if nothing else does not crash like Go 4.0
does on android phone

Reactions: emilford
It feels wrong but just turning controller of would ensure it was returning and you didn't cancel it.
It's wise to be familiar with how it behaves before the feature is needed, for a start RTH seems to take a while to initiate then if your set altitude is high a few more seconds there before any actual returning gets underway.

So far I 've never experienced a disconnection. Most of my flights are <1Km
During RTH, the mavic is moving towards the home point so the distance is reducing. Wouldn't be right to assume that the connection should re-establish back by itself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR