DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lot of problems after last FM update

daanmoser

Reactions
Hi guys.

I updated my mavic to the latest FM as I always do, never had any issues but now with the latest FM I have a lot of problems:
- my samsung s5 will not connect any more to dji go 4/remote, I now use my girlfriends HTC
- in flight it will loose signal with RC for a couple of seconds, this will happen some times like 5 times in a 10 minute flight.
- RTH is not longer that accurated as it was. Mavic will land a couple of meters of his take of place.
- a slight drift also with enough sattalites.
- NFZ will pop up everytime I want to fly, after a couple of sec or minutes it will disapere.
-active track is not working anymore as it was. Can not find person or stay locked on.

I also will send dji a message but in the mean time can I downgrade to a other FM and which one to use? I know It is not the smartest thing to do but I love flying over water so I dont know at the moment which fm is the best at the moment.

Can someone also explain the steps how to downgrade with the dji ap?

Thanks for your help

Reactions: =HH=
Hi guys.

I updated my mavic to the latest FM as I always do, never had any issues but now with the latest FM I have a lot of problems:
- my samsung s5 will not connect any more to dji go 4/remote, I now use my girlfriends HTC
- in flight it will loose signal with RC for a couple of seconds, this will happen some times like 5 times in a 10 minute flight.
- RTH is not longer that accurated as it was. Mavic will land a couple of meters of his take of place.
- a slight drift also with enough sattalites.
- NFZ will pop up everytime I want to fly, after a couple of sec or minutes it will disapere.
-active track is not working anymore as it was. Can not find person or stay locked on.

I also will send dji a message but in the mean time can I downgrade to a other FM and which one to use? I know It is not the smartest thing to do but I love flying over water so I dont know at the moment which fm is the best at the moment.

Thanks for your help
FM is a radio modulation for radios. I assume you mean FW. You can downgrade if you feel it helps but you should try reinstalling the current version first.

I also had big big problems when I upgraded I went back to .400 went out flying and my video was sword of watchable then decided to upgrade to .700 again and did a quick test flight everything seemed ok but after work I'll take it out and test a bit more. I'll post what I find if you want..

I updated the mavic with assistant 2 on the PC and the remote I used the go4 app seemed to work better that way

Thanks for your help

Download DJI Assistant and install it on a PC or Mac, then connect the Mavic and then the remote in order to change their firmware. Assistant 2 allows you to choose between 0400, 0550, 0600 and 0700. You already have 0700 on your Mavic, you can Refhesh 0700 in order to reinstall it as Cyberpower678 suggested. If things remain scrambled after refreshing 0700 then downgrade to one of the 3 older firmwares. RobbyG and others who had issues with newer firmwares are sticking with the 0400

Last edited:
i am having the same problem (0600) trying to upgrade to 0700 but keep failing. May have to downgrade to 0400 :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143