DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Disconnects today....

Interesting, I usually have the wifi off when I'm flying. Not because I'm concerned about interference but because I don't want the phone draining the battery looking for a signal. I wonder if the interference you observed was your nephews phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no excuse for Wi-Fi causing interference the way we are experiencing. 2017 $1000 and has a much larger frequency range than Wi-Fi going up to 10.
This product was intended to be used along with Wi-Fi. And the parrot bebop2 and breeze4k did not have these issues

Must be a lot of WiFi hotspots out there where everyone is flying. I rely on cellular pretty much when i leave my residence. The device is really just a video screen, is it not? And the devices are a weak point in the Mavic's flight system, IMO. RC Controller With Screen (Like the Phantom 4Pro) would prevent several issues...too late.

There is no excuse for Wi-Fi causing interference the way we are experiencing. 2017 $1000 and has a much larger frequency range than Wi-Fi going up to 10.
This product was intended to be used along with Wi-Fi. And the parrot bebop2 and breeze4k did not have these issues

My system is rock solid. The Mavic is a fantastic piece of technology. If you are experiencing problems try to isolate the issue. Here is what I would do:

Fly in different locations - it could be location specific

Sanitize myself - identify any items you carry that could be causing the issue.

Device - change the device you use to fly.

If none of those things work RMI - send it back and let DJI send you a functional Mavic.

Reactions: RallySoob
My system is rock solid. The Mavic is a fantastic piece of technology. If you are experiencing problems try to isolate the issue. Here is what I would do:

Fly in different locations - it could be location specific

Sanitize myself - identify any items you carry that could be causing the issue.

Device - change the device you use to fly.

If none of those things work RMI - send it back and let DJI send you a functional Mavic.

Would you mind, setting your MP to Wi-Fi, taking off, then setting the home point to not be takeoff location. Remoteless of course.
If your MP has no issues then this would be a great test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-26-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-26-12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Can't fly.. its raining

I had same warning yesterday while out in the country in farm land but i also had my iphone's wifi on, & my nephew standing next to me was on his phone using wifi so im sure that was it haha

At the time I wasnt aware we need to turn it off to be honest. But i did have full reception when i got the warnings and no performance issues .

My very initial investigation/feeling is that the disconnects happened when there are people around with other devices on them. I use a dedicated Android tablet for the Mavvy and put my iPhone in airplane mode and have had great success on over 50 flights. One time I had some major disconnect issues (on the second flight on that outing) that seems coincidental with a guy walking over right beside me (wanting to buy one right away) and wanting the 'grand tour' so he was right beside me. I see reports of Apple watches etc as culprits. Bottom line if you are having problems, put distance between yourself and anyone else wearing emitting technology and make sure your own is NOT and see how it goes.... more testing for me before I am positive.

My very initial investigation/feeling is that the disconnects happened when there are people around with other devices on them. I use a dedicated Android tablet for the Mavvy and put my iPhone in airplane mode and have had great success on over 50 flights. One time I had some major disconnect issues (on the second flight on that outing) that seems coincidental with a guy walking over right beside me (wanting to buy one right away) and wanting the 'grand tour' so he was right beside me. I see reports of Apple watches etc as culprits. Bottom line if you are having problems, put distance between yourself and anyone else wearing emitting technology and make sure your own is NOT and see how it goes.... more testing for me before I am positive.

Are you using a shield? I would love to transition to my shield. I just have seen too many issues with android devices to try it. I guess I could give it a whirl, if it disconnects I can just fly it home manually.

This is the first time i have had any real issues flying since i have been flying.

I was in an area that was reporting very strong interference which surprised me as i was in the country side on the edge of a very small village as i had taken my wife to a spa so had 2 hours to kill ......

Were you being displayed a warning message on screen about the "strong interference" you referred to?

I'm getting better when the app disconnects from the RC. I used to freak but looking at the RC I see I'm still connected so I restart the app. Samsung GS7 Edge wifi off when flying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: m0j0
Im suspecting my interference was related to the green box near my flight location maybe but i did move about 50 feet away from it and it had no real affect.

b6c440cf40cd561399470827a46a8372.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I had no messages displayed on the RC however i had one message displayed on the go 4 app so i moved about 50 feet away from the green box i posted but the go app would not reconnect at all even after a number of drone, RC and phone reboots ....

I have done a quick flight test today with just my mobile and the RC as i did not have a lot of time. This is a location i have flown before without any issues but today my mobile disconnected twice in this short time.

But to be clear at no time has the RC lost conection with the drone so i was still in FULL CONTROL just to keep the haters and excessive drone police responses to a minimum.

I will take a look at the flight logs later and report anything odd.

Last edited:
I had no messages displayed on the RC however i had one message displayed on the go 4 app so i moved about 50 feet away from the green box i posted but the go app would not reconnect at all even after a number of drone, RC and phone reboots ....

I have done a quick flight test today with just my mobile as i did not have a lot of time. This is a location i have flown before without any issues but today my mobile disconnected twice in this short time.

But to be clear at no time has the RC lost conection with the drone so i was still in FULL CONTROL just to keep the haters and excessive drone police responses to a minimum.

Ok so now I know what you are referring to. The "strong interference" on the 1st page will display due to poor reception with the channel it is connected to with in the wifi router you're connecting to. (most likely the router in your house)

Ok so now I know what you are referring to. The "strong interference" on the 1st page will display due to poor reception with the channel it is connected to with in the wifi router you're connecting to. (most likely the router in your house)
Im not connecting to a wifi router ???

You may want to try a new cable from the RC to the phone as part of your troubleshooting, I have heard similar issues and the culprit turned out to be a faulty or not fully connected cable.

Well this was the first time i had any kind of issue at all really ... but on this occasion it was very poor however my test today my mobile conection was very good.

I will continue to test but im away for a few days from tomorrow so it will be Friday at the earliest for the next test run.

I will try the shield as well next time.

Had the same issue, especially when using a Galaxy Tab A. Gone back to IOS, uninstalled / reinstalled DJI GO4 and synced the firmware again. Problem gone totally.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada