DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lot's of MP being sold on Ebay.... are these our pre-orders

skypros

Reactions
I can't help but wonder if allot of our pre-orders with dealers are being sold on ebay !!!

Reactions: auen1
As shady as it sounds, if I were a small retailer I'd totally do this.. keep customers waiting while I resell on e-bay at 2x the price

I can't help but wonder if allot of our pre-orders with dealers are being sold on ebay !!!
I'd guess that the ones on Ebay are from the people who ordered Mavics from many sources.
They figured they'd keep the first one that arrived and return the rest for a refund.
Those people kinda screwed everyone else because they hogged the supply and didn't intend to use it.
Now, they are selling their extras for 2x-3x the price, screwing everyone again.
:-(

Reactions: Kilrah and peros550
I'm just mad I didn't think of this. Obviously hindsight 20/20 blah blah blah, but if I'd known about the shortages, I would have ordered as many as possible the second after announcement.

eBay is started to get flooded with Mavics. When that happens people start getting desperate so they started listing their Mavics at the lowest price of all "in hand" Mavics in eBay and in turn someone else lists theirs under that person. Happens with any new launch (unless it was a limited launch, more and more Mavics are hitting consumers doorsteps everyday) every time. This will correct itself before too long.

I'm not mad at these people doing it, I'm mad I didn't think to take advantage of it.

If someone knows how to do a ebay advanced search.... and pinpoint ebay seller accounts that have sold many Mavic Pro's and figure out who the dealer may be..... IE: the dealer is more than likely using a shilled ebay account name (not their dealer name).

I'd guess that the ones on Ebay are from the people who ordered Mavics from many sources.
They figured they'd keep the first one that arrived and return the rest for a refund.
Those people kinda screwed everyone else because they hogged the supply and didn't intend to use it.
Now, they are selling their extras for 2x-3x the price, screwing everyone again.
:-(
You are exactly right!! I'd like to say more but am exercising self restraint to keep it civil.

Reactions: halley

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato