DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low battery and RTH

greymonkey

Reactions
Not quite sure on this but when I set the low and critical levels in the settings, will this be when warnings are triggered and RTH initiated OR if I have set low at say 20% but need 25% to get home will it warn me then instead and start RTH?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You should enable the "Smart Return-to-Home" feature if you'd like your Mavic to auto return home when it calculates it needs return in order to make it back safely. Before that RTH occurs, the DJI GO app will display a prompt and give you 10 seconds to cancel the RTH.

DJI-GO-Smart-Return-to-Home.jpg

Keep in mind that this feature is not foolproof. For example, if you know you're going to be flying into a strong headwind on the way home, you should start returning when you still have plenty of battery left. Also, it's important to monitor the battery voltage throughout your flight.

Thanks msinger, so once I have enabled SRTH and my low and critical levels will my settings be overridden if the need to return or descend is greater, (earlier),than what I have set them at?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The Smart Return-to-Home feature does not use the low/critical low battery levels. It determines when your Mavic needs to return based on the current battery level and distance from the home point.

Reactions: greymonkey

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803