DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low battery landing button dissapeared

We typically bring in units at 20% and that's what we recommend to everyone.
Watching only the battery percentage could get you into trouble. It's a great idea to keep an eye on the battery voltage. See more details here.

Reactions: Ryan Reynoso
Wow pretty amazing! That "brush trimming" stunt was something, I strongly doubt a P3 or P4 would stay flying like the Mavic did in those two instances. Nice!

Watching only the battery percentage could get you into trouble. It's a great idea to keep an eye on the battery voltage. See more details here.
Looks like unfortunately the Mavic only displays total voltage instead of lowest cell voltage. Guess I'll just have to use the battery tab.

Looks like unfortunately the Mavic only displays total voltage instead of lowest cell voltage.
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

After following your tutorial, the battery icon top right corner of DJI GO app screen displays 12.* volts.
That's odd. I didn't get to try my Mavic yet, but all of my other DJI aircraft show the lowest cell voltage. This Mavic video is also showing the lowest cell voltage.

That's odd. I didn't get to try my Mavic yet, but all of my other DJI aircraft show the lowest cell voltage. This Mavic video is also showing the lowest cell voltage.
Confirmed in flight again just now. Looks like DJI is really trying to dumb down the Mavic. I hope they come out with more advanced options soon. More choices for the programmable buttons would be a great start.

That's unfortunate. The total remaining battery voltage is pretty useless.

Reactions: The Editor
Hate to disagree, but the battery getting that low can turn out real bad. Falling from the sky could be very well what it does. The voltage for each cell in the battery is the info you want to watch. Not percentage. Read and then reread the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

VOTE TRUMP!!

Bit random but my P3 cut out at about 11% and wrote it off completely. You think it was just because I was using it at too low percentage?

What is the lowest voltage a cell should go down to on the mavic? I don't want my craft crashing down like my old P3 did lol

What is the lowest voltage a cell should go down to on the mavic? I don't want my craft crashing down like my old P3 did lol

Read the link Msinger posted in the last page for the cell voltage numbers. A battery is just guessing when giving a percentage number. Harder to do as the battery ages and it drops voltage more quickly.

3.3V per cell is the absolute minimum I would take them down to, the aircraft will power down lower than 3.0V.

Last edited:
Reactions: thefrisbee995
Confirmed in flight again just now. Looks like DJI is really trying to dumb down the Mavic.
I just unboxed my Mavic and found only the lowest battery cell voltage is showing at the top, right of DJI GO (as expected). There isn't a setting to toggle between the total battery voltage and single battery voltage, so I'm not sure why that's occurring for you.

I just unboxed my Mavic and found only the lowest battery cell voltage is showing at the top, right of DJI GO (as expected). There isn't a setting to toggle between the total battery voltage and single battery voltage, so I'm not sure why that's occurring for you.
I bet you have an iPhone, I'm using the Android app. And if that's the case, then, CURSE YOU DJI!!!

20161030_160619.jpg

You could be onto something. I was using my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4. I haven't tried an Android device yet. Perhaps there is a bug in the Android version of DJI GO.

You could be onto something. I was using my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4. I haven't tried an Android device yet. Perhaps there is a bug in the Android version of DJI GO.
Where's the best place for bug reporting and suggestions?

Reactions: kmaluo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka