DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

low light shot with Mavic

AdamDom

Reactions
Playing with the first evening/night shots with the Mavic. The noise is high, but Lightroom does a decent job of helping fix it.

Attachments

• ZhuhaiTraffic.jpg
    ZhuhaiTraffic.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 91
  • ZhuhaiWaterWay.jpg
    ZhuhaiWaterWay.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
Does tripod mode help that much with a still shot? I was under the impression if you didnt touch the sticks the MP would more or less stay stationary anyways....

Does tripod mode help that much with a still shot? I was under the impression if you didnt touch the sticks the MP would more or less stay stationary anyways....
You are right but it helps frame the scene. What is however a must (IMHO at least ) is gimbal lock.

Is that in the settings somewhere? Did a search and all i found was the gimbal stabilizer that comes on the drone.

Reactions: MacPap
You are right but it helps frame the scene. What is however a must (IMHO at least ) is gimbal lock.
What do you mean by gimbal lock. Locking the gimbal is probably a bad idea as it won't be doing any stabilisation.

What do you mean by gimbal lock. Locking the gimbal is probably a bad idea as it won't be doing any stabilisation.
It does not lock the gimbal per se.
It is a setting called "Lock Gimbal when capture" (found in the camera settings) that allows the camera to react better while taking a still image with low shutter speeds. Something like an Image Stabilizer. It does not have any effect in the video mode from what I noticed though.

It is a setting called "Lock Gimbal when capture" (found in the camera settings) that allows the camera to react better while taking a still image with low shutter speeds. Something like an Image Stabilizer. It does not have any effect in the video mode from what I noticed though.

Have you compared it on vs off??

Seems like it would be a good thing to keep on all the time if it works well...

Right. That's interesting.

Just looked and it appears mine has been activated this entire time....No sense in going back at this point me thinks ;)

I believe it prevents the quad from yawing during a long exposure....

Well I have compared it and the difference is sensational... Actually what i think it does is compensate for the drone movement by adjusting the gimbal keeping the frame steady.

Reactions: newnan3
No reason not to keep it on since im doing only still pics with my bird. I like to do the occasional intentional camera movement shot with my dslr but it might be a bit more difficult with the MP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf