DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low temperature flying

Tomcat

Reactions
I'm wondering at what temperature is too cold to fly. I'm up in Canada and we could have -40 C right now but it's not that cold right now.
I've gone up at -2 off my deck and gone inside the patio door (I live in the country)
Is a lower temperature not good for the Mavic or its battery? How cold is too cold?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI recommends not flying in temperatures lower than 0 C in the Mavic specs. However, it is technically possible to fly in colder temperatures. You can find some cold weather flying tips here, here, and here.

I've heard of people flying below 0C, but keep in mind that freezing temperature or below, your battery efficiency is going to take a hit, and so might other parts of the drone. Keep the flights a little shorter than usual if you're in cold, and I just flat-out wouldn't fly if it's -10C or below. (That's me, though- at 20F or below, I try not to hang around outside for more than necessary tasks, and electronics don't seem to like that temperature either.)

Edit: What msinger said- those are sources I recognize from when I had this same question.

DJI recommends not flying in temperatures lower than 0 C in the Mavic specs. However, it is technically possible to fly in colder temperatures. You can find some cold weather flying tips here, here, and here.

Thank you for the tips. I live in the Buffalo/Niagara area and have the same questions as @Tomcat.

Reactions: Tomcat

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1