DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro ViewPoint BP 250 AW Review

ISpeekW00kie

Reactions
So I said it in another thread that when I got the Lowepro ViewPoint backpack, I would review it. So here it is with pictures and all. P.S. Sorry for the lighting in the pictures. I don't have my DSLR at the moment, cause my neighbor is using it for their trip in Ireland. But I digress...

The Overall Pack
It's really nice. Quality materials and stitching, but of course, only time will tell with wear and tear. I would say it's your average carry-on size pack with not a whole lot of bells and whistles to it. Standard 3 inch wide straps with 1/4 to 1/2 inch padding. Same goes for the back pads, which there are 4 of them. Two shoulder pads, mid back, and lumbar. Water bottle pouch on the right, chest strap and waist strap, and multiple mounting straps for extra pouches.

a9a94998eef96883f80060a7273e71bf.jpg

Pouches and Storage
This pack has pockets that make sense. You have to on the front side of the pack. Both could fit an iPad Pro model snugly, which has a height of 9.4 inches. Anything more than that, and the shoulder strap side of the bag has a pocket with a padded divider in it allowing two devices to be placed in it. The larger side of the divide has enough room to fit a 15" wide laptop with just the slightest amount of stretch and the other side could probably hold a 12.9 inch iPad Pro. I say probably because I only have a tape measure and it is reading around a 12 inch depth, which is how tall the iPad Pro 12.9 is.

42fe6d8974609b4eb25a0947266aff90.jpg

cfe72a852403d479e7c246d016034690.jpg

7a7916024057b5bdedf9a8bca8be369f.jpg

The main pocket of the bag has a removable divider in it, allowing the entire storage area to be used if you decide that you don't want to use the removable storage pouch. With the divider in place, the pouch has around a 9 inch depth, enough to carry snacks, a small DSLR (Nikon D3100 size), or whatever tickles your fancy. It has two pen pouches, two roughly 3x4 flat pouches, and one zippered mesh pouch for cords or the like.

0062254812b8da891b78d6519cf2d37e.jpg

The Storage Pouch
So this is where the pack really gets interesting. There is a small removable padded pouch at the bottom of the bag that is roughly 10"x7". The pouch can be removed without taking the backpack off or pulling all the stuff at the top of the pack out. There is a zipper enclosure that you unzip and pull the pouch out from the side of the pack. Seeing that this is a Mavic forum, I set my pouch up so that everything I need to fly my Mavic is in the pouch. There are removable dividers in the pouch so that you can arrange as necessary.

1f5dce6591a046df90a53cecb81ee7a0.jpg

c34ecb13cadbb512a610e0757a80995f.jpg

2f84d34e72b1a4a151b2d1e25eb073cc.jpg

Last but not least, the pack also features a built in rain protector that is attached to the bag itself so it does not get lost. It's hidden in the bottom outside of the pack.

4f33f2b79fca1ffc411b2834a63a2eb2.jpg

c20b2ce70f00d204d5a85528ece6a01f.jpg

So that's about it! I will try to get some field testing in this coming Sunday and Monday if weather permits. If you guys have any specific questions about the pack, please feel free to ask and I will answer them as soon as I can. Hope this helps some of you that are looking into a backpack alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberNate
And of course, none of the pictures are working. Hold tight.

EDIT: Pictures are all there now!

Last edited:
Looks good! Thumbswayup

I just picked up a Lowepro Uban Messager 150 bag for cheap I am going to try out.
I have other Lowepro bags and I like them... decent quality for a decent price.

Excellent backpack for the Mavic. I just got mine a couple days ago. I bring my Mavic to work with me daily on my bicycle and this makes it so easy to pack with a little extra room for laptop/tablet, change of clothes, etc. I like the little case that stows away and fits the Mavic, controller, batteries, etc. Perfect.

I bought the same pack and love it! I also purchased hard case protectors for the Mavic and controller. They mavic then fits perfectly into the pull out pouch and then I place it and the controller back into the bottom of the pack. I'll take pictures of the packing and put them up later. Congrats again as it's a fantastic pack!

I bought the same pack and love it! I also purchased hard case protectors for the Mavic and controller. They mavic then fits perfectly into the pull out pouch and then I place it and the controller back into the bottom of the pack. I'll take pictures of the packing and put them up later. Congrats again as it's a fantastic pack!

Hi... Can you post some pictures of how you are packing your Mavic on the Lowepro Viewpoint?
Thanks!!!

I'm just in the process of selling this bag, its ok but once you put your mavic in that little case it will only fit 1 extra battery meaning if you have more you are having to seperate your gear out. Plus put anything in the elesticated straps as you have done with those props and they are going to mark or damage your mavic, they could have easily given that little case a bit more height but currently they are useless.

My other issue is that I want to carry a camera and couple of lenses too but this bag wont accomodate that idealy so ive jumped ship to one that fills all my needs, the incase pro dslr pack which is just a smidge bigger externally but is laid out better and holds way way more gear! I got it imported from the US to UK for £100 so it ticks all my boxes.

I have this backpack too and think it works really well - but I pop my Mavic Pro "Fly More Combo" carry case into the zipped compartment - it's a pretty good fit - with enough room for the AC power supply cable. I found that I just couldn't organise the included pouch enough.

I just bought the lowepro droneguard bp250, o chose that over this bag because even though it doesn’t have a dedicated separate case for the mavic, the main compartment hold all the Hearn plus like 4 batteries with ease. I love mine. It this bag is awesome too!

Thanks guys. I haven’t made a decision yet. I have a dji Osmo mobile, a GoPro session 5, dji goggles, and a mavic, controlled with an iPad Air 2.. im gonna need something that fits but nothing incredibly huge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo