DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Madeira, Portugal

MavicKhan

Reactions
So, went to Madeira, Portugal last month on short vacations and took my Mavic along.

This short trip was a “proof of concept” for this little drone as a companion to my usually already quite full photography backpack.

I am happy to report that, in spite of several miscellaneous small mishaps that seem to plague my incursions, like, for instance, having the gimbal’s protective cover locking dents broken right on the very first day, the trip was a success and I couldn’t be more happy with the triad Cost/Size/Performance which I now, quite frankly, find unbeatable.

The weather was OK for January and, although me and the Mavic had to deal with some strong winds we also benefited from some interesting light to compensate the dull one in several days.

This is the first of 4 videos from that trip, videos that, I think, aptly covey what that island is all about.

I hope you like this one and, if you do, please check the other 3 I’ll be posting in the near future, as soon as I finish processing them.

MK

Last edited:
I can see it beerleo .

You came to Portugal, must pay me the drone tax... Lol. Just kidding, great footage.

Gorgeous shots. Thanks.
You should sell these to the local tourist / travel bureaus. I doubt they could ask for much more than what you filmed.
:)Thumbswayup

Isn't available to me.

I used music acquired thorough Audio Network in 2 of the videos and commercial, copyrighted music in the other 2 ("Untouchbles, (end title)" by Ennio Morricone in the first one and "Teardrop", by "Massive Attack" on this last one).

YouTube has a tool that let's us know how it will deal with copyrighted music. In the case of these 2, they are musics that the copyrights owners elected to let them to be used, by monetizing the videos for themselves through ads in some markets.

I am finding that YouTube is not completely clear about this beforehand and there some channels from which the videos are unavailable altogether.

For those who might be having trouble seeing those 2 videos I suggest trying to see them thorough another platform, as different as possible (...portable devices, might they be Andoid or iOs seem to be the most problematic ones).

Hope this helps.

MK

Reactions: motard
Nice footage! Did you have any problems taking your drone with you in the carrry on luggage? Just wondering if there are any restrictions since I am going to Portugal next week.

Hi,

I haven't' had any problems with carrying the drone in my photography bag. A security screening guy at Madeira just wanted to know what it was and I had to politely ask him for the drone back as he was starting to pry into the device, namely trying to extend the legs and so on. I asked him, exactly, what he needed to inspect and offered to facilitate it for him. In the end, I got the impression he was more curious on geeky level than he was on a security one ;)

Nevertheless, there are starting to pop-up reports about random incidents around airports security channels regarding drones. There was notice, right here, on MP, of a ban put in place at Budapest, Hungary.

To this extent, I now make sure the propellers are removed during transit and that, preferably, they travel in the hold luggage.

As for the legislation here, in Portugal, I could go on translating the main dispositions but it is easier tho say that, if you're coming from the US or the UK, just abide to your own rules and everything will be OK.

Enjoy your stay! :)

MK

Reactions: JackF

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50