DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mag error

Huddy

Reactions
I have a tramway directly outside my home, and beyond that, the sea. I've never flown near my home, but yesterday I plucked up the courage. Before take off I had a mag error showing on the controller. I moved the drone around, but the error persisted. It gave me the option to recalibrate the compass, but I thought that might be a bad idea, as I'd be calibrating it under freak conditions. I decided not to fly.

I assume the interference was from the tramway some 10 metres away. There were no trams passing at the time. The system is 600 volts DC, which I thought wouldn't cause interference. Am I barking up the wrong tram line?

Its likely the cause but it could be something else. I would say you did the right thing by not calibrating and trying to fly. The wife and I were in the mountains the other day and I wanted to get some video from a rest stop overlooking a river valley. There was a tall electrical transmission tower there and the high voltage lines ran right in front of our view. I was certain I could have flown around the lines but I didn't even get the MP out of the case. There was no way I was going to take the chance of some sort of interference from those lines.

Reactions: Huddy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000