DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Mag interf check app"

palmermatt

Reactions
Got my Mavic yesterday charged the batteries and wanted to do an update and calibrate it.
When i turned it on i got the msg "mag interf check app" when i open the app it just closes.
i deleted the app and reinstalled
Move to a number of locations in my house
Went outside into the middle of my 1 acre yard
no power lines
DJI wants me to send it back less than 4 hours after getting it....Ordered in october

Any advice?

Reactions: copterbob
Got my Mavic yesterday charged the batteries and wanted to do an update and calibrate it.
When i turned it on i got the msg "mag interf check app" when i open the app it just closes.
no power lines
DJI wants me to send it back less than 4 hours after getting it....Ordered in october

Any advice?
Palmermatt, What ended up happening, I just got my Mavic and have the same message ?

Same problem...

Using remote control error message is " mag interf check app".... Drone have - ever - flown since received..,begining January..!

Seems not too wise - from DJI - wait , till drone owner will send back the unit to fix a firmware glitch..

What about support ? ...if -there is a firmware glitch -nowadays,guess can be fixed online...
Unless all drones with same problem are defective units...and problem its deeper..

I had the same issue with mine. I did all the updates took it outside, made sure I didn't have my phone & controller anywhere near the mavic when turning it on, did calibration (again with no phone anywhere near the mavic) and the message went.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Even your home wifi can cause that message but it could be electrical cables or pipes running through your home. Just go and fly it outside. The only time I've seen that message outside was when I landed it on the roof of my car (tiny feet, low camera/gimbal, muddy ground)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Palmermatt, What ended up happening, I just got my Mavic and have the same message ?
The directions and video i watched wanted me to do everything with the Mavic folded up...That's when i was getting the error msg....Opened up the Mavic as if i was gonna fly and the problem was solved...Magnetic interference was probably from the motors....Let me know if that fixes your issure.

Matt

Just started my Mavic up and got the same message. Never got it on my Inspire and Phantom. Anyway, replaced the USB cord that that might be a problem ( using iPad mini). Not sure if it was, message finally went away, looks like I'm ready to fly. Could be a glitch?

Last night I saw a video concerning the positioning of the Ipad Mini. One side of the mini has a magnet along the whole side that is used to hold it an external keyboard. The other side has a couple small magnets. In the video the guy demonstrates how the magnet effected the sticks and how he was unable to calibrate the remote when the Ipad home button is mounted in the holder to the left. When he turned it around so the button was on the right he could once again calilbrate the remote. Don't know if this caused the issue but though I'd throw it out there. Here is the link with the video Ipad Mini Magnet.

Last night I saw a video concerning the positioning of the Ipad Mini. One side of the mini has a magnet along the whole side that is used to hold it an external keyboard. The other side has a couple small magnets. In the video the guy demonstrates how the magnet effected the sticks and how he was unable to calibrate the remote when the Ipad home button is mounted in the holder to the left. When he turned it around so the button was on the right he could once again calilbrate the remote. Don't know if this caused the issue but though I'd throw it out there. Here is the link with the video Ipad Mini Magnet.
Interesting comment. I just started using an iPad mini with my Mavic, mounting it with the home button to the left. I also received the same mag warning, but thankfully it went away while I was doing a pre-flight calibration. I'll mount the iPad in the opposite direction next time and see if I get the same warning.

no power lines

Any advice?
A little research prompted me to do a compass calibration. Problem solved.

This Fixed it for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+