DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"MAG INTERFERENCE - CHECK APP"

Rich Sugden M.D.

Reactions
Had this error on boot up today, and in middle of large field ... No video, no info on many of the data pages ... BLANK ... "Disconnected" error ... after extensive checking all controller pages w/o finding any info, motors started and hovered OK ... landed and further checking found iPhone lightening cable not fully plugged in!!! Pressed in and all OK ... NO IDEA WHY THIS ERROR?? I suspect common problem as lightening cable is difficult to fully seat ... need to check every flight I think...

Reactions: Red Empire
Rich you are a legend!! I was about to send mine back but you fixed the issue. Thanks heaps!

Mag(netic) interference error happens when i power up the mavic indoors. Its to do with compass being influenced by metal near the mavics surroundings.

I was flying in the mountains and could not find a flat level surface to launch from, so I used to roof of my Jeep. I had the same error message upon take-off and landing. As soon as I moved it away from the vehicle, the massages stopped. I hand launched it after the first flight.

Hi all ! Just signed up to this forum, as I have a Mavic, that I bought just a week ago.
Another piece of Info during my intro to the drone: I was trying to learn and connect the Mavic at home on my balcony. I kept getting the "Mag Interference" error. This was briefly resolved when I took it closer to the edge of the balcony ( a non-covered area), but then the error came back.
I then noticed something else. I had been trying to use the USB port to connect to googles, but the plug in the smaller side port was still in, though not connected to anything at the other end. I unplugged it, and the error disappeared, and stayed away !! My guess (I'm a Newbie) is that you will get an error if BOTH ports are plugged into. Perhaps someone else can check this out. Hope it helps !

So I had the same problem today as mentioned above. I tried reconnecting and powering everything down and restarting in order. But the answer is: register your account through the app and then upgrade your firmware. That seemed to have solved the problem. I'm as new as they come. First day on the job and it was a frustrating one but I hope this helps. Tomorrow I fly. Fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123