DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic Interference on Metal Bridge

joevdw

Reactions
I almost lost my Mavic of the side of a metal bridge trying to get a great perspective shot while in tripod mode, which is what saved me.

watch the clip! Share and subscribe!

I tried to start my bird on a soccer field near a lightpole. The app said great inteference and i would have to calibrate. Calibration failed and i had to go 20 meters away from that metal pole to get the calibration right. Mhhhh....

This is a prime example of the kind of shot that would be better made holding the mavic in your hand or using a MaviCam grip. Sorry to be a **** - I'm glad you averted a disaster, but it's an unnecessary risk when you could have hand-held it (or another video camera) to get the same shot without the risk of a crash.

I almost lost my Mavic of the side of a metal bridge trying to get a great perspective shot while in tripod mode, which is what saved me.

watch the clip! Share and subscribe!

You were literally in a faraday cage ,no wonder you had no control...major no no...You have to be a good distance away from metal bridges .

Had the same thing happen through a railroad bridge. Never again, a crash waiting to happen.

Same thing here. Trying to launch my MP on a small metal bridge (the only flat surface nearby), right after powering on, i got the error 'IMU error, compass calibration ...' i stopped immediately and had to re-plan my mission to fly above a little canyon. Moved to another launch point which was approximately 200 ft. away and everything worked flawless.
The drawback an the new take-off point was i had to maneuver the MP in tripod mode thru an area with a lot of trees to start my mission.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya